Hi to all you smokers

Started by FishMan, May 31, 2011, 08:36:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishMan

Just to introduce myself - I upgraded to a Bradley "original" smoker and am about to slap some brined king salmon fillets on the rack for my first try. My old smoker was a Brinkman electric and while it worked OK it had basically no temperature control and required a lot of fussing with the wood chunks (the Brinkman is for sale, cheap!). I live in North Carolina so am very interested in pork BBQ. But, as my user name suggests, I am particularly interested in smoking fish. My wife and I are avid saltwater fishermen and we regularly have fresh bluefish, mackerel, etc. to smoke. I look forward to participating in this forum

FishMan

KyNola

Welcome Fishman!  We look forward to hearing about all of your fishing and smoking adventures.  If you have any questions no matter how trivial they may seem to you don't hesitate to ask.  As with everything new, there is a slight learning curve to using the Bradley to its fullest potential.  We all started right here asking the very same questions you may have so fire away!

ArnieM

Hi FishMan and welcome to the forum.  Don't forget to check out susanminor.org for recipes.  Oh yeah, we like pictures  :)
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

ghost9mm

Welcome Fishman to a really great forum, lots of very knowledgeable people here to help anyway they can...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

TestRocket

Welcome FishMan glad to have you aboard!    :D

hal4uk

Welcome FishMan!  Love to see some PICS of your FISH smokes  ;D  ;D  ;D
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

beefmann

Hopefull Romantic

Welcome aboard and glad to have you with us

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.