Picking mine up tomorrow--Vancouver, BC

Started by northof60girl, September 08, 2011, 02:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northof60girl

Thanks Rcger....it is true though and you can't learn if you don't ask!   :)

ArnieM

Hi northof60girl and welcome to the forum.  You have a big "support staff" behind you here.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

northof60girl

Thanks all! Picked up the smoker on my lunch hour and am going to try and break it out this weekend but suspect that I will be doing all my smoking in October after my school classes are done.  So busy working and doing school but it's going to be all about fish and meat and smoking in October  ;D  Have a great weekend everyone!

----Laurie----

Chili Head

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muebe

to the forum!

And congrats on your new smoker!
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Caribou

northof60girl

Thanks Carolyn....nice to see there are other women out there that like to get their hands dirty lol.   :)

GusRobin

Quote from: northof60girl on September 10, 2011, 01:33:09 PM
Thanks Carolyn....nice to see there are other women out there that like to get their hands dirty lol.   :)
We have a number of dirty handed women on this forum.  Hmmm- that didn't come out right. But it really was meant as a compliment to the wonderful women here.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Quarlow

Quote from: GusRobin on September 10, 2011, 01:55:23 PM
Quote from: northof60girl on September 10, 2011, 01:33:09 PM
We have a number of dirty handed women on this forum.  Hmmm- that didn't come out right. But it really was meant as a compliment to the wonderful women here.
Hahaha Gus your BAD. Hi Laurie, looks like we are neighbours. I am late to the party but Welcome to the forum. I am also from surrey, 76 th & 128 th area. If you have any questions at all just ask. I don't know too much like the guru's on here but I get by.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

northof60girl

hahah Gus, yes a common here and there and a couple of word rearranging and you'll be fine but I get it  :P 

Yes, Quarlow we are neighbors..well I am at 108 and 142 but not far.  My daughter lives near you.  I am just finishing my school classes this month and then taking a month off from school so while the smoker has been unwrapped I won't have any time to use it until then.  I am going to try some jerky too.  Ordered a jerky gun that will be here on Tuesday.  We'll see how dirty I get (at Gus)!   The forum has been great and I'm sure we will all be guru's one day...practice practice practice and some trial and error.  Will keep everyone posted on how it goes and will make sure to get some pictures uploaded in October.   :)

jgoldwood

Congrats.  If you happen to order a PID, order with confidence from Auber.  I ordered mine Wednesday and it arrived safely yesterday. 

Quarlow

Wow you are close, Cool. Their is quite a few folks on here local. If you are going to make jerky just keep in mind to rotate the racks and raise them up and down, and you will have to take some off here and there as some will finish sooner than others because of hotspots in the cabinet.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

northof60girl

mikecorn.1

Mike

GusRobin

A PID lets you control your smoker temp within +- 2 degrees. Do you need one? If you are doing butts, briskets, ribs and other forgiving items - not really needed. If doing sausage, fish, --comes very handy. Allows you to ramp up temp - say 1 hr at 130*; then 1 hr at 130*, etc. If you get the dual probe model you can ramp based upon IT of the meat in addition to the temp of the smoker. They go for about $185ish. Or you can buy the parts and install yourself like others have for much cheaper. I would strongly recommend some type of controller other than the Bradley digital controller if you are installing a second element.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.