New BDS - Simple

Started by riversat, September 18, 2011, 05:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riversat

Got a new BDS for my birthday and enjoying it.  Have used it for several cookings from 8 hours to 18 hours with no problems and excellent results.  Cooked chicken, boston butts, pork loins, briskets, and smoked some venison sausage we put up this past winter.  Have been using a Bradley for over a year with my BPS.  Take it camping or on the road in our rv when we get the chance.  My latest experiment was with a pork loin.  I stuffed it and did a bacon weave wrap.  It was almost too pretty to cut.  All I can say is AWESOME!  Love the freedom the digital offers.  Set it and check it - no stoking the wood for smoke generation.  So far, quite pleased with the results.  Considering element mod based on comments about the issues some are having currently.
Bradley BPS
Bradley BDS 4 rack
CharGriller Duo
Kingsford Smoker Box (as portable pit)
Love some good Q

classicrockgriller

The element mod kinda puts the icing on the cake.

If you have done all that smoking, you need to get

in here and show some of you handy work.

Congrates on having Fun with your Bradley.

riversat

I will get pics uploaded in the near future.  Is there a favorite replacement element that people are using?
Bradley BPS
Bradley BDS 4 rack
CharGriller Duo
Kingsford Smoker Box (as portable pit)
Love some good Q

GusRobin

most mods are to add additional heating capacity and were not initiated due to the past rash of failures. The majority add another Bradley element to have 2 500 watt elements installed at once, or remove the existing and replace with a single 900 watt.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: GusRobin on September 18, 2011, 06:17:56 PM
most mods are to add additional heating capacity and were not initiated due to the past rash of failures. The majority add another Bradley element to have 2 500 watt elements installed at once, or remove the existing and replace with a single 900 watt.

Or some just run with what she brung!! I know I did for 6 years. Then put in a prototype element that was taken off the table. Just haven't found the time or need to put the old one back in.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!