not working... need help please

Started by lonuff, October 06, 2011, 06:18:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lonuff

Need some input.. I started my smoker this morning at work to do some ribs. Set it up pluged it in
started to heat up perfect.  Went to kitchen got ribs ready went to check on smoker and put the hot water in only at 100 degrees after half hour. checked again half hour later 90 degrees. And now nothing. Moved to different nothing. Both light are on but nothing happening. Any help would be very helpfull.. Thanks in advanced.

KyNola

Turn it all on and take a look at the heating element in the tower and see if it begins to glow red after a couple of minutes.  If it doesn't, unplug and replug all of your connections, especially the power jumper cable between the smoke generator and the tower.  Sometimes they work their way out and have to be plugged in very firmly.  If that doesn't help you may have a defective heating element.

lonuff

Thanks. yea i did all of that. got the ole meter out and it is the element. dang it. i guess ill get the grill out and smoke the ole fashion way.. thanks for the help.

GusRobin

should ne able to smoke in the Bradley and then put in your oven.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

cajunboudreaux

Just smoke them for a couple of hours using the heat from the generator then finish them on the grill or oven. You will be fine
Laissez les bon temps rouler