no power

Started by tom_f, July 17, 2014, 06:19:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tom_f

this is the 2nd digital box, first one was puck feed issue and now after a month or so no power. check the fuse it's good and metered were i could inside and I'm getting power, just no power to the display.  is there any place I should meter or part I should look at replacing?

TedEbear

Hi Tom.  Did you do any of the troubleshooting tips that were given to you in the other thread that you posted the other day on this?

tom_f

worked it out to the circuit board under the white plastic.

not sure what part on the board is the issue

Habanero Smoker

Unless you are familiar with circuit boards, they are not worth trying to repair, unless it is the power cable leading to the circuit board. If you are still under warranty call Bradley and have it replaced the generator. If it is out of warranty see if they will sell you a circuit board, it would be cheaper than replacing the whole generator.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

tom_f

bought the smoker last year and this spring the feeder packed it in. they sent parts that didn't fix the problem and then sent a new box.  so this box was a replacement this spring, so its only a couple of months old.  good thing is they didn't ask for the old box back and the board from the old box was good so I put it in and got the smoker running again.  service is great at Bradley but not having much luck with the product 

Habanero Smoker

It was a  good idea to hold on to the old generator for parts. Great to hear you are back up and running.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)