BRADLEY SMOKER THAT WILL NOT HEAT WORTH A TOOT

Started by sherlock, April 27, 2009, 06:47:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sherlock

Experienced a case of extreme operator trouble Saturday and had to resort to the kitchen oven.

Had a nephew from PA visiting and I was showing off my smoker. I placed 60 ABT's in my smoker around noon with temp set at 210. Went out about an hour later and checked and temp was only 109. Reset everything and came out around a half hour later and the temp was only 125. I had a fall the previous weekend while cold smoking some cheese and knocked over the smoker. I was thinking that The fall had damaged something. I was upset that my smoker was damaged and was wondering where I could sent it for repairs. After all Canada is a long way from Florida.

After finishing the ABT's in the oven and letting the smoker cool down, I moved it back into the garage. While moving it back into the garage, lo and behold, I noticed that I had not plugged the smoker controller/smoke generator back into the smoke box after cold smoking my cheese. The only thing that was working was the smoke generator. I felt like the village idiot. At least everyone at the party that afternoon was raving overs the ABT's.

;D

Tenpoint5

OOOOP's Sherlock you forgot the part where you had consumed way too many adult beverages before you started smoking the ABT's and failed to properly do your pre-flight/smoke inspection.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Wildcat

;D ;D ;D We old farts in the RV world create "check lists" simply to prevent damage and/or embarasments!
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Caneyscud

May we have a show of hands?  Similar to the time when I was not getting any smoke and didn't for at least an hour, only to eventually find out that the bubba pucks had gone in first.  Hard to get that aluminum to smoke!

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Pontificator Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

beefmann

smokeitall

I'm rolling around with laughter here.  Its nice to see that others have similar brain farts.  thanks for messing up Sherlock, made my day.

Smokin Soon

And the there is the time I had a really nice sized pork butt, all prepped and ready. Planned an overnight smoke. Friends came over and, yes adult beverages were involved. Next morning went to check my prize butt and found the cold smoke attachment still installed from my last smoke. NICE !  ;D

Caneyscud

And here's our sign!

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Pontificator Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

iceman

I'm not even going to mention the time I loaded jerky in the smoker and forgot to close the door before going to the house to answer the door bell. Hmmmmm... Two four legged critters, open door, MEAT, nobody around, YIKES !!!! Trip to the vet after skid marks all over the yard and house. Good thing the boss lady that lets me hang out under the same roof was in town for the weekend.  :o :D ;)

smokeitall

Wildcat

I like to refer to my "occasional" lapses as halftimes.  ;D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/