Beef back ribs

Started by westexasmoker, September 05, 2009, 12:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

At the store the other day they had pre-seasoned (Montreal) beef back ribs @ 1.39 lb.  Sounds like a good plan for dinner tonight, and since the briskets were rocking threw half in the OBS and half into the offset!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Tenpoint5

Gonna be some good Dino bones there WTS
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

squirtthecat

I think I hear the Flintstones theme song...

How long are those big suckers going to cook??

westexasmoker

Quote from: squirtthecat on September 05, 2009, 01:44:45 PM

Till there done!  ;D  Been in right at 3 hours so about time to go take a peek, but figure maybe another 3 give or take.. Also figured might as well throw some chicken breast in!

C

squirtthecat

Good lord, man!  2 briskets, god knows how many pounds of beef ribs, and now chicken breasts??

You running a restaurant off of your back porch?

JGW

Damn, dude!   ;D  I'm going to throw some sausage on in a sec.

Those ribs are gonna rock.  A lot of folks prefer pork ribs over beef, which is fine - Makes the beef cheaper :)

KyNola

WTS and JGW,
You guys truly are brothers from different mothers.  Gotta love the camaraderie here.

KyNola

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: JGW on September 05, 2009, 04:06:18 PM
Damn, dude!   ;D  I'm going to throw some sausage on in a sec.

Those ribs are gonna rock.  A lot of folks prefer pork ribs over beef, which is fine - Makes the beef cheaper :)

Some of us would like beef ribs over pork, but try finding beef ribs that look that good in Wis.  >:(
HawkeyeSmokes

car54

HawkeyeSmokes ,

Are you from Wisconsin. I live in New Berlin and have found some good looking beef ribs at the Mukwanago Walmart. You are right, they are hard to get.

Brad

HawkeyeSmokes

Hey Brad, I live near Eau Claire and have yet to find good looking beef ribs at the WalMart there. Thanks for the suggestion.
HawkeyeSmokes

mikecorn.1

Quote from: squirtthecat on September 05, 2009, 01:44:45 PM

Yaba Daba Doooooo
Mike

westexasmoker

Almost forgot about these......well I was hungry!  ;D  Dang thats right the chicken turned out ok too! 

C

classicrockgriller

Never have been a big fan of beer ribs but now I will have to try that too. Wish I would have had this smoker when all the kids were still living at home.

Hopefull Romantic

Great Job there WTS.

Do you do the beef ribs same as the pork ribs or you introduce some thing different.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

westexasmoker

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on September 06, 2009, 09:25:51 AM
Great Job there WTS.

Do you do the beef ribs same as the pork ribs or you introduce some thing different.

HR

Yep do'em the same...low and slow, till the meat starts to pull back from the bone.

C