***ROLL CALL*** Original Digital Homemade Other

Started by owrstrich, June 16, 2006, 05:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vampyr

1. Who are you?  Chris
2. Where are you?  Palmer, Alaska
3. What is your livelihood?  Metrology Technician (Not Weather)
4. What is your favorite hobby?  Computers, Fishing, Cooking/ Baking, Hiking
5. What smokers do your use?  Original Bradley (Stainless)
6. What smoker gadgets do you use?  Installing fan (hopefully this week) PID upgrade in the future
7. What do you smoke most often?  Red Salmon (Kummok's Brine), Boston Butt (Made my first one 2 weeks ago YUMMM)
8. What do you want to smoke but havent?  Chicken
9. What nonsmoked food do you like most?  Like PetersCreek replied I love My home-made pizza as well  :D
10. What nonsmoked food do you want to try but havent?  Nothing comes to mind

PetersCreek

All right...more Alaskans.  We're takin' over, folks.   ;D
Brett
Peters Creek, Alaska
PetersCreekPhoto.com

Vampyr

Malc

Quote1... who are you...
2... where are you...
3... what is your livelihood...
4... what is your favorite hobby...
5... what smokers do your use...
6... what smoker gadgets do you use...
7... what do you smoke most often...
8... what do you want to smoke but havent...
9... what nonsmoked food do you like most...
10... what nonsmoked food do you want to try but havent...
1. Geoff
2. Struthers, OH
3. Teacher/Coach
4. Lately...smoking
5.  Bradley Original
6. Probe Thermometer(Not sure what brand it is)
7. Pork shoulder and chicken
8. Fish
9. Hmmm...Toss up between lasagna(homemade only) and all seafood
10. I honestly can't think of anything I wanted to try that I haven't. 
From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe.

Wildcat

... who are you...  Rick
2... where are you...  Pace, Florida
3... what is your livelihood...  Paralegal (Soon to be retired)
4... what is your favorite hobby...  Golf
5... what smokers do your use...  Bradley SS
6... what smoker gadgets do you use...  ?
7... what do you smoke most often...  Newbee only chicken so far
8... what do you want to smoke but havent...  Everything
9... what nonsmoked food do you like most...  Lobster
10... what nonsmoked food do you want to try but havent...  Unknown
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Wildcat

Quote from: Oldman on September 15, 2006, 04:56:13 PM
Greetings Rick,

I'm down in St. Petersburg.

So I've heard.  My wife has a sister that moved to Spring Hill, just North of Tampa.  Pace is just North and East of Pensacola about 20 miles.

Oldman

Spring Hill is about an hour and half from me. We go there 4 times per year as we have a account there.  Having never heard of Pace I looked it up on the map. While I really like the handle it is just to big a target for me with these storms.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Wildcat

Quote from: Oldman on September 16, 2006, 05:08:54 AM
Spring Hill is about an hour and half from me. We go there 4 times per year as we have a account there.  Having never heard of Pace I looked it up on the map. While I really like the handle it is just to big a target for me with these storms.

Actually Pace is the High Point here.  We get a storm about every 10 - 15 years here except last year and the year before.  The last two years are the only ones that damaged us.  They are normally a lot smaller.  The biggest factor for this area was no power, although I have a Fifth Wheel Camper with a generator so we did alright.

smokefrau

who - Deb
where - So cal (but! - originally Milw Wi - a true mid westerner)
livelihood - controller (finance)
hobby - cooking, bbqing, entertaining - my hubby is big into fishing and diving so I dabble there too
Smokers - BBChef from BBqs Galore - too small, also have a stainless gas grill but dont smoke on it
smoker gadgets - none....unless wine is considered a gadget
what do I smoke most often - I do a boston butt and a full brisket in one event, barely enough room, flavors seem to meld together but still a hit with people that dont smoke
what would I want to smoke but havent - nothing really that I havent tried on a charcoal smoker - just need more surface area and less of my attention
non- smoked food - ???

New to this website - having a lot of fun/insight on things! Have not yet purchased a Bradley but getting close -need to decide on 4 vs 6 racks.

asa

Welcome Deb. Hope you enjoy the forum. I monitored it for several months before biting the bullet (so to speak) and purchasing the BS. It's been great fun. By the way, according to the bylaws of this forum as I read them, anything containing EtOH is considered not only a gadget, but an essential piece of kitchen equipment.

Happy smokin',
     Art
Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Play old-time music - it's better than it sounds!
     And
Please Note: The cook is not responsible for dog hair in the food!!

Oldman

QuoteNew to this website - having a lot of fun/insight on things! Have not yet purchased a Bradley but getting close -need to decide on 4 vs 6 racks.

IMO do yourself a favor; if temp swing are important then get the older model smoker. I have one and I don't really  have temp swing, Icerat has two and he does not really have any. Any it takes a little more time of your day getting the box balanced, but once you do it is pretty much on auto-pilot after that. If you are wanting to maintain a plus minus 2 degrees @ 150 F for sausage then get the swimming hubby of your to make you a PID controller.

How To Make A PID Controller

Good luck and welcome to the forum young Lady~~!
Olds

OH Ya! If you are going to get a Bradley online then Chezbubba is the person to get if from.  Service is second to none. He is a member here. While Bradley has tried to clean up the Ebay whores they are still out there. We have members here who wait up to 2 months for their unit, and saved what? $15.00! Naw that does not get it done. You order from Chez on Monday and by Thursday it will be at your door.

owrstrich

smokefrau... where at in socal...

you gotta eat...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Chez Bubba

Down Boy! Didn't you read the "H" word? ;D ;D

SF, I'm only joshin' him. The bird's wings are clipped. If you get a chance, the 4 of you should hook up, I promise an enjoyable night.

Kirk
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

begolf25

Quote from: Oldman on September 20, 2006, 04:15:50 PM
QuoteNew to this website - having a lot of fun/insight on things! Have not yet purchased a Bradley but getting close -need to decide on 4 vs 6 racks.

While Bradley has tried to clean up the Ebay whores they are still out there. We have members here who wait up to 2 months for their unit, and saved what? $15.00!

Not everyone on eBay is a whore Olds  ;)