Flash ads

Started by Dalby Spook, March 18, 2007, 03:15:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalby Spook

Hi folks,

can anyone help  me stop getting these damn flash ads. I hav'nt had this prob for years then all of a sudden I'm plagued with them.
I have Ad Aware,  AGV and Google anti spyware running as well as an anti virus.

Cheers
I've only been wrong once, and that's when I thought I was wrong. But I was'nt.
A. Einstien

Gizmo

Spybot is another anti-cr@p program for getting rid of those types of things.  Unfortunately no one or several programs seem to do it all.
To eliminate them (well almost) you would have to increase the security settings on your browser.  The unfortunate part of that is, a lot of the content you want to see will also get blocked.  Are you running the latest version of I.E?  It has a fishing filter that helps some.  Don't know how effective it is, but I have clicked on some sites that never loaded and the filter was very active.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

West Coast Kansan

Is this 'pop up' problem? Dont know if flash ad is the same?

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Habanero Smoker

I've found that a good firewall is the best defense against flash ads. I use the latest version of ZoneAlarm Security Suite. But this program requires a steep learning curve.

Besides the other spyware and adware programs mentioned, if you are running Windows XP or higher you may want to try Microsoft's Window Defender. It is free, and you can download it from their download site. It used to be Giant Software prior to Microsoft buying them out. At the time Giant had the best spyware program on the market.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)