Next wood purchase

Started by whitetailfan, January 13, 2006, 04:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MallardWacker

Come on live a little dangerously.....

One word....<font face="Arial Black"><font color="red"><font size="6">MESQUITE. </font id="size6"></font id="red"> </font id="Arial Black">

You know it's my favorite[}:)]

There is something about the flavor of a sharp, burnt ash to your brisket after you have toiled and troubled for 18hrs.

All kidding aside, you hit it on the head for apple.  I have used on chicken, beef and pork.  Very light taste and seem to blend well with them all.  <b><i>However flavors of Irish peat has come to mind or in some dream</i>.....</b>

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

ChefBill

I've used Apple on pulled pork and it's great. I used 3 Pecan pucks and followed with 9 Apple and it turned out just right. I agree that pork and fruit woods just seem to go together.[:p]

ChefBill
If you can eat it, you can smoke it.
If you can eat it, Then You can smoke it

oguard

I would also go with apple great for anything pork.My next fav is alder as Iam a westcoaster and I grew up with it.

Mike

Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

Cajun

Cherry and Apple are both good for Pork  ;)
There is a place for all of Gods animals right next to the mashed potatos and gravy

West Coast Kansan

Oak, great for all smokes unless your looking for sweet  ;D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)