Almost lost My shop.

Started by icerat4, March 17, 2007, 06:45:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

icerat4

Well guys my bodyshop almost went all up in flames. :'(.My car spray booth set its self on fire some how.Know one nows how or why.Luckley no one got hurt and it was contained to just a corner section of my shop.The fire department shut down a major street and took 3 hrs before they were done.So now this makes it a lil tough running a body shop with no spray booth for 6 six.Great just what i needed.Here are some pics of the back of the unit.

This could have been a major fire as my shop is 10,000 sq so it could have been nasty.But ill be busy with my shop a little so ill try not to be a stranger around these parts.O No one was hurt so thats another plus.Ok guys ill keep ya updated take care.

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Tiny Tim

Glad nobody was hurt.  Looks like ya had pretty good response time with the FD....I've seen a lot worse.

NePaSmoKer

Holy cow rat

Glad nobody got injured. I used to restore old muscle cars, shot alot of Imron, rootbeer brown was my fav color.

nepas

Mr Walleye

You are very lucky IceRat! That could have been a huge amount worse. I'm in the property insurance business and unfortunately get to see the ugly stuff too often. Good luck with the repairs and always look at the positive side of things.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

coyote

I hate it when bad things happen to good people , But on the bright side....Icerat4 is still among us :)
Anything else can be replaced.

coyote

Holy #!@%..................I just became a Full Member....Boy oh boy , I really am a bucket mouth ;D

Coyote 8)

Oldman

Rat... sorry this happened... Best of speed get it all back up...

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

icerat4

Well there about 75 thousand dollars in damage.A new spray booth is on its way.Nice upgrade too.That a good thing.But running this shop without a spray booth is going to be a hugh challange.But i do have some other friends up the street with a body shop that are going to let me use there shop so this will be very interesting to say the least.Thanks guys.

Just another weekend with the smoker...

West Coast Kansan

Bummer Rat, Glad to here alternatives are coming available.  Hope things come on line fast.  Take Care,

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

iceman

Glad to see your alright rat. Fires scare the heck out of me. To many of them up here. I'm just thanful your alright. Probably not a whole bunch I can do to help from here but don't hesitate to get hold of me if there might be something Ann and I can do. Best of luck on the repairs. Pat.

manxman

Sorry to hear of your problems rat............. main thing is no-one was hurt and it sounds like you have some fine friends. Hope you get it all sorted quickly.
Manxman

hillbillysmoker

It's never easy to face a loss like this, but you will discover friends that you never thought you had.  Best of luck in getting every thing up and going again.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Wildcat

Glad you are alright rat.  With upgrades, true friends showing their colors, and an inhanced awareness, this may turn out to be a blessing in disguise.  Let me know if I can help in any way.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

LilSmoker

I'm really sorry to hear about your shop damage Rat, glad you're ok, and i hope it's not too long until you're set up 100% again. Very frustrating when things happen that can compromise your income, anyway hope you get sorted very soon. ;)

LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

TxSmoker

That stinks man! At least you'll get the upgrade!  ;)