Happy New Year to the B.S. Crowd

Started by Arcs_n_Sparks, December 31, 2007, 06:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoking Duck

Happy New Years All.  It's also my birthday today, so I get to ring in the new year (my 42nd on this big rock) with 15+ inches of snow all dleivered last night and this morning.

Wildcat, that's great news about your wife!  Hope the recovery is going well.

May all your smokes be full of flavor and adult beverages in 2008!

Marc

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

MoSmoke

Happy new Year to all of the forum members.
Thanks for your support and advice.
Happy Birthday Smoking Duck.
I'm looking forward to a "Smoking 2008".

MoSmoke
The Surgeon General may have been right, "Smoking is Addictive".

NePaSmoKer

Happy New Year

And here is a recipe for an Adult beverage  ;D
Its called Boilo.

Boilo is a beverage unique to the region of Pennsylvania that I live in. It's similar to a hot toddy.  It's basically whiskey, blended with fruits and spices, that is served hot or warm. Everybody has their own recipe, so no two maker's drinks taste the same.

-1 bottle of whiskey (any cheap whiskey will do...think plastic bottles that are on the bottom shelf)

-Five oranges (Some people use more, some use less)
-Five Lemons (Use the same number of lemons as you use oranges or it doesn't taste right)
-A snack size box of raisins (optional, but I use them)
-2 heaping spoonsful of sugar
-A bottle of honey (I use the one molded like a bear that squirts out of the top of it's head)
-3 cinnamon sticks

Peel & quarter the citrus fruit. Squeeze the juices out of them into a big-ass pot and throw the squished fruit in. Add a little water to dilute it a bit. Add everything else but the whiskey. Remember, the point is NOT TO COOK OUT THE ALCOHOL! So save the whiskey until the end. Cook until it begins to boil while stirring constantly (about 15 minutes). Take it off the heat. Some people put more water, ginger ale, Sprite, or even orange juice in at this point. But I like it strong, so I leave it uncut. Carefully stir in the whiskey (Remember: alcohol + fire = boom). Dump the whole damn bottle in. Put it back on the stove for no longer than five minutes.

Strain and serve hot in a coffee mug or shot glasses (a regular glass will shatter, trust me there). You can throw it in the microwave to reheat it.

If you want to bottle it, you need to strain all the spices and fruit junk out. It will look like light whiskey with some sediment in it like a homebrewed bottle of beer from the cinnamon.

Watch out it'll sneak up on ya  ;D

nepas

acords

QuoteDump the whole damn bottle in.

I like the way you think! ;)
Grab me another stout, or scotch, or martini, or........
http://www.yardandpool.com - for all your Bradley needs!
http://www.geocities.com/schleswignapa/ -for all your Bradley needs!

NePaSmoKer

:D :D

or after you drink this 

nepas

owrstrich

glorious new year to all...

my resolutions...

1... i resolve to smoke bob a prime rib and ride it out there... 2 hours resting in my top box... delivering it the way he likes it... all hot and sticky... i mean all hot and juicy...
2... i resolve not to post on the running the post count thread...
3... i resolve to only post clear... concise... and relative replies...
4... i resolve to tuesday night chat every tuedsay night... however the next 2 weeks aint gonna happen because of my work schedule...
5... i resolve to spend the time with the new smokers in attempt to help them be successful in their rookie endeavors...
6... i resolve to pay the iceman for that sop n sauce as soon as he pays my wing sauce er visit at the shriners burn hospital...
7... i resolve to smoke the brain of the goat... thats the b in my blt...
8... i resolve to meet up with my smoker buddies when in their area this year...
9... i resolve to give jerky to the less fortunate...
10... i resolve anyone but hillary...
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

coyote

From the House of Coyote to yours........Happy New Year !!!!

Tiny Tim

I wish you all a Happier New Year than I'm having so far. 

Sick yesterday, all day...slept most of the day on my chair in the living room with an afghan around me (NEVER happens), this morning I tried to leave for work and my truck wouldn't stay running long enough to get to the end of the driveway....and it was 1* (F) today.

Think it's starting to turn around for the better though, but not sure yet.

LilSmoker

<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Carter

Happy New Year all.  Best wishes for 2008 and good smokin'.

Great news about your wife WildCat.  All the best for a speedy recovery.

NePas, thanks for the boozey recipe.  That looks like a beauty.

Carter

La Quinta

O you're my hero...but you'd better hurry...everytime someone mentions prime rib...I get that feeling he's thinking about getting the shovel out!!! :)

Gizmo

LQ, always carry a bottle of hubby's favorite sipin' sauce in your pocket.  When the hammer, shovel or what ever device gets raised, just slide the top of the bottle out of your pocket and mention, "you wouldn't want to spill a drop of this in haste now would ya?"
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

Good idea Giz!!! I'll have a bottle of bourbon in the other hand...that outta keep at bay for a while!!! :)