Funny story of the day

Started by icerat4, March 22, 2007, 10:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuyLowSellHigh

Quote from: ArnieM on May 24, 2010, 04:22:38 PM
Never done skeet or even golf balls  :D  Did a lot of trap though.  Still have boxes of reloaded shells and a half keg of gunpowder.  I asked the local Po-lice how to get rid of it.  They suggested I dig a hole and bury it all in the backyard. Swell.

I still have my 12 Ga reloader.  If anyone wants it, PM me for details and it's yours for the shipping.  I'll have to dump the powder though.

Arnie, don't mean to be alarmist but don't keep the powder sitting around.  It decomposes over time and in the course of decomposition can be come unstable.  If there is enough bulk the heat of decomposition can lead to autoignition.  It is initially made with stabilizers but they too degrade over time.  You could dispose of it by scattering (widely) as fertilizer or by laying it out and burning uncontained (the old western powder fuse trick).  If you're not comfortable with either of those, suggest you find a local sportsman's club /skeet/trap club  and offer it for the taking.  Suspect it will go quickly.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

ArnieM

Thanks for your helpful hints on the powder guys.  I keep it in the basement next to the furnace to keep it dry  ;D ;D ;D 

The fertilizer idea might work.  Probably have some flashy plants  :D

I'll get back to everyone that sent me a PM. 

I went into the basement and got attacked by spiders and so couldn't find the manual yet.

It's a 6 or 8 shell carousel made by Hornady.  One tube for shot and one for powder.  I'll dig up the manual tomorrow; been a long time.

I have no idea what shipping might cost at this point.  It won't fit in a flat-rate box  >:(

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

manxman

LITTLE JOHNNY STRIKES AGAIN

The teacher asked the class to use the word 'fascinate' in a sentence.

Molly put up her hand and said, 'My family went to my granddad's farm, and we all saw his pet sheep It was fascinating.'

The teacher said, 'That was good, but I wanted you to use the word 'fascinate, not fascinating'.

Sally raised her hand. She said, 'My family went to see Rock City and I was 'fascinated.' The teacher said, 'Well, that was good Sally, but I wanted you to use the word 'fascinate.'

Little Johnny raised his hand. The teacher hesitated because she had been burned by Little Johnny before.

She finally decided there was no way he could damage the word 'fascinate', so she called on him.

Johnny said, 'My aunt Gina has a sweater with ten buttons, but her t*ts are so big she can only fasten eight.'

The teacher sat down and cried.
Manxman

Caneyscud

There's an Isle of Man joke in there somewhere - I just have to find it!
Combine that with Rock City - Does the schoolkids on IOM know what Rock City is?
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

squirtthecat

One for the telecommuters..

manxman

QuoteThere's an Isle of Man joke in there somewhere - I just have to find it!
Combine that with Rock City - Does the schoolkids on IOM know what Rock City is?

Bet most of em wouldn't have the first idea what Rock City is.  ::)

The main reason I found this joke amusing was for little "Johnny" read "Harry"..... my youngest son at nine years old and a lovable rogue! Just the sort of thing I could see him saying, in a few years of course!!  ;) ::)
Manxman

classicrockgriller

A couple of Cajun Jokes

•Thibodeaux was driving down the road one day when he saw a beautiful woman standing in the middle of it. Thibodeaux hit the brakes and aksed the

woman, "What's wrong Miss?" The lady explained, "My life is over. Nobody cares about me. I want it all to end, so I'm just praying that someone will run over me on

this road." Thibodeaux begged her, "No Miss. Please don't do that. You are beautiful, obviously smart, and you have a full life ahead of you. I'll tell you what. Jump in

my truck and I will sneak you onto the boat I am working on. We are heading to France, so you can hide during the journey and we will slip off together in Europe and

live a wonderful life." The lady agreed, and Thibodeaux snuck her onto the boat as promised. For over three weeks, he fed her three meals a day, brought her water,

and romanced her in the life boat after the crew went to bed. Eventually, the captain of the ship caught the lady and asked her, "Miss, why are you hiding down in

that cabin?" The lady explained, "I'm so sorry. One of your crew, Thibodeaux, has been hiding me here, feeding me, and romancing me at night on this whole journey

to France." The captian giggled and told her, "No, no. We're not on our way to France. This is just the Chalmette ferry!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boudreaux was lying on his death bed. The doctor had already told him that he surely wouldn't live for another week. Suddenly, and much to Boudreaux's glee, a

wonderful aroma hit Boudreaux like a tidal wave. He knew that the smell meant only one thing- his wife had just made a pot of gumbo. Boudreaux wanted a bowl so

badly, but he was no longer able to walk, so he crawled out of his bed and into the kitchen. Just as Boudreaux was reaching for the pot, his wife barked

out, "Boudreaux! Shame on you! You know that gumbo is going to be for the funeral."

Ka Honu

Quote from: ArnieM on May 24, 2010, 04:22:38 PM...  Still have boxes of reloaded shells and a half keg of gunpowder.  I asked the local Po-lice how to get rid of it.  They suggested I dig a hole and bury it all in the backyard. Swell.

Reminds me of when my father died back in '92.  I went to San Antonio to clean out the house and found about 200 rounds of .45 ammunition.  Since I was returning to Hawaii the next day, I called SAPD and asked if they would pick it up or let me know where to drop it off.  

Their first answer was, "I'm sorry, sir, but we don't do that."

I responded, "Never mind.  I called asking you to help me do the right thing, but if it's not in your job description, I'll just toss it in a dumpster so some 10 year-old can find it."

Twenty minutes later a cruiser rolled up and the officer asked if he could help me dispose of the ammo.  Sometimes I guess you just have to point out the alternatives to get people to do what they're supposed to.

Up In Smoke

> Subject: Georgia fishing

A Georgia Fishing Story

I went fishing this morning, but after a short time I ran out of

worms.
Then I saw a cottonmouth with a frog in his mouth.
Frogs are good bass bait.
Knowing the snake couldn't bite me with the frog in his mouth I
grabbed him right behind the head, took the frog, and put it in my bait
bucket.
Now the dilemma was how to release the snake without getting
bitten.
I grabbed my Jar of Georgia Moonshine and poured a little
whiskey in its mouth.
His eyes rolled back, he went limp.  I released him into the
lake without incident and carried on my fishing using the frog.
A little later, I felt a nudge on my foot. There was that same
snake with two frogs in his mouth.

> >>>>>   LIFE is GOOD in GEORGIA!!!     So is the MOONSHINE!!!
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

ArnieM

Hi KH.  Getting settled into the new place?

I think I'm going to give the EPA a call to see if they can help me out.  About 2 1/2 cases of reloaded shells, 1/2 keg of gunpowder, bags of lead shot.  I just can't throw this stuff into a dumpster.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

classicrockgriller

Ka Honu

Quote from: ArnieM on May 25, 2010, 03:40:48 PMHi KH.  Getting settled into the new place?

Trying to get all the boxes unpacked - stuff neither one of us has seen in 20 years or so.  More importantly, I'm waiting for an estimate to demo and replace a slab in the backyard to make a home for the grills, smoker, etc.  Hopefully I can get both done by the housewarming party in late July.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Ka Honu on May 25, 2010, 08:23:11 PM
Quote from: ArnieM on May 25, 2010, 03:40:48 PMHi KH.  Getting settled into the new place?

Trying to get all the boxes unpacked - stuff neither one of us has seen in 20 years or so.  More importantly, I'm waiting for an estimate to demo and replace a slab in the backyard to make a home for the grills, smoker, etc.  Hopefully I can get both done by the housewarming party in late July.

Send Tickets and we will come over!

Ka Honu

Quote from: classicrockgriller on May 25, 2010, 08:36:30 PMSend Tickets and we will come over!

If I had the money to send you tickets, I'd have already used it to hire someone to unpack all this stuff (but thanks for volunteering).

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Ka Honu on May 25, 2010, 10:33:16 PM
Quote from: classicrockgriller on May 25, 2010, 08:36:30 PMSend Tickets and we will come over!

If I had the money to send you tickets, I'd have already used it to hire someone to unpack all this stuff (but thanks for volunteering).

WELL, .... You ain't no FUN!