I gots me uh bubba keg!

Started by DarqMan, June 09, 2010, 05:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarqMan

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

DarqMan

After being completely stood up by the shipping company twice, I finally went down to the dock tonight and picked it up myself.... but that's another story.

I got Bubba home and the box was sealed and in good shape.  I'd read the post on the Bubba forum about parts in the top of the packaging so I made sure I got all those.  After unpacking everything and checking all styrofoam I didn't have any instructions. I downloaded the instructions and took inventory... no multi-tool but everything else is present. Bummer.

Also, the lid has black smears all the way around the top.  I looked closer at how the styrofoam fit on top and the black smears were caused from the styrofoam rubbing the silver paint off.  There's one spot on the front worse than others. Oh well, it's a cooker and I got a good deal.  At least it's not dented like some others I've heard about.  I wonder if they have silver touchup paint?

Now I can't wait to season this puppy... ummm... I mean BUBBA. What will I cook first? 

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

classicrockgriller

Congrats on gettin that Dawg to the House!

Gotta do a killer steak first!

DarqMan

I think a steak and some CRG Head Country beans are in order.

classicrockgriller

If I leave now I can be there by bean time!

You make them your way, I just posted a start.

Again, ;D all smiles that Bubba is at your House.

Geez, you won't ever leave the House now!

DarqMan

I may modify bean recipe slightly, but not much.

Wil have pics tomorrow night, tired now from running all over town and putting this thing together.

classicrockgriller

Got to bed if you can sleep!

Congrats again!

classicrockgriller

When I do the beans again and if I used can pineapple.

I would buy the small can of crushed and add that, and a small can of chunks and add that.

I took chunks and chopped them too much. Maybe just split the chunks in half.

Also, fryed bacon ..........yummmm, and fresh cilantro?

DTAggie

Congrats on the new baby...I mean Bubba Steve.

DarqMan

Thanks everyone.  Overall pretty satisified with the deal I got.  I promised pics so here they are.

Still packed and lonely

Put together and seasoning.

He snuck up to 500 while I wasn't watching.  Still waiting on the Stoker to arrive.

classicrockgriller

Let the fun begin!

How does it feel to work to feed your Q habit? ;D

"Doctor! Doctor! Give the news ...... I got a bad case of Q'ing Blues."

DarqMan

Quote from: classicrockgriller on June 17, 2010, 06:03:32 PM
Let the fun begin!

How does it feel to work to feed your Q habit? ;D

"Doctor! Doctor! Give the news ...... I got a bad case of Q'ing Blues."

Oh man, it's a blast of course!  I've got plenty of toys tools to work with now.  First cook is tomorrow night... standy by ;D

TTNuge

Looks great!  Guess I'll have to forget about the Bubba Keg and just get the Stoker.  How long ago did you order the Stoker and did you get an ETA at all?

DarqMan

Quote from: TTNuge on June 17, 2010, 06:24:09 PM
Looks great!  Guess I'll have to forget about the Bubba Keg and just get the Stoker.  How long ago did you order the Stoker and did you get an ETA at all?

I ordered it this past weekend.  The website says 2-3 for shipping and he said he'd email tracking number when it shipped.  The order page is not secure (https) so DO NOT enter any credit card information.  Email him and ask for his paypal address.  I think it's a one man outfit and I'll bet he builds them when he gets an order.  I may be wrong, but that's how it appears.

ronbeaux

Calibrate your therm. Mine was 60 degrees off.
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.