Here's a great place to buy Wild Alaskan Salmon

Started by Bobb, May 20, 2005, 06:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobb

BigSmoker

Anyone know anything about these folks?  For all of us that pay when we can $17.99/lb. for chinook 10.99 for king sounds like a good deal to me.

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Kummok

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BigSmoker</i>
<br />Anyone know anything about these folks?  <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I can't vouche for their service or product simply because I haven't ordered from them nor do I know them. But if the info on their website is any indication of their quality, I'd bookmark the site and buy from them (if I wasn't able to snatch salmon outta the Bay myself....sorry, couldn't resist, Jeff[}:)]). I looked around at their product descriptions, the recipes, and their methods of processing and CAN say that they know what they're talking about. The only thing I couldn't find out on the site, was whether or not the pin bones are pulled in their fillets....and that's a small thing when you consider the price differential that you give, Jeff!!

As far as their recipes and recommendations for preparing and grilling salmon, Olds could just provide a link to their site and add LOTS of new fish recipes to his cool new site!! [:p][:p]  I've been around salmon a while and I CAN tell you that, based upon their website info, the folks at 'Wild Pacific Salmon' at least know what they're talking about, salmon-wise...I'd rate their service as "definitely worth a try", especially with the free shipping offer [:)]

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

Oldman

It's a great looking site for sure. However, I don't agree with the last part of this statement:

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Storing and Thawing

Halibut fillets and steaks can be thawed under refrigeration about 12 hours before preparation. <b>The vacuum-sealed packages can also be ran <font color="red">under cold water</font id="red"> to speed this up considerably.</b>
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I spent the first part of my life in resturants and thawing out frozen fish to quickly can blow out the cell's walls. Ever wonder why that thawed fish was suddenly mushy when cooked?

I might order some of the Halibut... [:p]

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Kummok

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
... thawing out frozen fish to quickly can blow out the cell's walls. Ever wonder why that thawed fish was suddenly mushy when cooked?

My own experience is that the speed on the "front end", (processing/freezing), is absolutely critical to prevent mushy fish. I don't doubt your experience Olds...My own is mostly just with Wild Alaskan Seafood. I do the quick thaw method once in a while with halibut and salmon and haven't had it turn mushy...at least not yet?!?!?  I leave it in the vac sealed bag while I'm doing it, until it softens up a bit. Then I take it out of the bag and cook it while it's still "slushy cold". I NEVER let it assume room temperature before cooking...BAD ju-ju for flavor/texture/biohazards[xx(] I've only grilled or deep fried the fish when rapid thawing.....maybe that helps keep it firm?!?!?  

There's actually an Alaskan Seafood site that has recipes/methods for "fast cooking" frozen fish. I haven't tried their method but it's at http://www.cookitfrozen.com/ and they tell you how to cook Alaskan (actually, more like "Alaskan/Canadian"....credit IS due to my "Southern" friends in BC!) fish while it's are still frozen!! [:p]

Wish I had the chance to grill you up some fresh wild salmon, Olds, and try to change your mind about salmon. I actually hated salmon until I finally had it cooked right a few years back...now we have it 3-4 times a week and still can't get enough. Tonight we had grilled white King salmon/halibut tournedos, served with grilled asparagus spears on a bed of Chinese forbidden rice......to die for![:p][:p]

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

JJC

Hi Chez,

Terrific topic--should it be moved to the Big Sales/Deep Discounts thread since that's how it started out?

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Bobb

Yes it should be moved to the Big Sales/Deep Discounts thread.

whitetailfan

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bobb</i>
<br />Yes it should be moved to the Big Sales/Deep Discounts thread.
Can't be done to my knowledge.  This is a thread, and the Deep discount thread is a thread.  The admin Mr Bubba should only be able to move a thread to a different topic.  Since we have no sales topic, the best he can do is move this to perhaps the new topics topic.  This has more to do with either fish, or new topics, than Original Bradley.  JMHO.

Bobb, don't see much on your profile.  How long you been smoking with a Bradley, and what is your favorite salmon recipe?  We appreciate any chance to save some $$$ on our supplies, but mostly we're looking for tips, or questions from our "newbie" members.

Look forward to your questions and contributions.

<font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green">
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Can't be done to my knowledge. This is a thread, <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Only an advance board like the new one I'm using for the recipe site can do this. It is called "split thread."

What can be done is Chez can copy and repost all important info to the other thread then delete this one.

Chez you can do this in one posting by running dual browsers. Copy from one then past it into the second browser. You can just credit each person at the beginning of their statement. Should not take more than 5 minutes I would think.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

psdubl07

If you go back to the original post, I'm guessing the idea was to have an actual Category, not just a Thread (Topic) for the Deep Discounts etc...
That would make more sense anyway than just continually adding onto the same thread.

JJC

I think psdub107 is correct--I should have asked for it to be a Category--how easy is that to do (when you get back from Indy, Chez!)

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

BigSmoker

Dear Bobb,
I found your site to be quite interesting and appreciate your product as fresh wild salmon in the state of Georgia is very rare.  That being said this is not an advertising arena for your company.  Several of the members here including me sell items related to the smoker but we at least all use the Bradley Smoker and try to add to the forum with our experience and expertise.  Please try and refrain from bumping your product in the future as it kinda smells up the house so to speak.  CB if this is out of line please feel free to remove it at any time[;)].  Anyway Bobb buy a Bradley and join the family or at least try and add something other than pushing your products.

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.