This really bites

Started by Tiny Tim, March 20, 2009, 10:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiny Tim

This morning we signed the papers to put Dad into Hospice.  I'm not looking for sympathy, just want to let you know that I may not seem to be myself when posting for a while with a bunch of crap on my mind.

His liver is basically dead, and with the infections in the sores on his legs, it's taking it's toll on him.

At least now I won't have the stress of hauling him to the hospital when he don't seem right any more.

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

westexasmoker

Hang in there TT, life brings hard decisions sometimes.....We're here for ya!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Caneyscud

Tim,  I haven't been on here long enough to know you very well, but that really doesn't matter, caring for our fellow human beings should be foremost in our life.  As you and WTS have already said, that really does suck - big time.  Listen to the Hospice people - most are really good people looking out for and caring for those that need palliative care.  Don't let them talk you out of pain medication.  Make your Dad is as comfortable as they can make him.  But more importantly -  know that you and your Dad, and your family are in my prayers and I'm sure in the prayers of lots of other on this forum and around the world.  Peace be upon you and your Dad.  Hang in there bud, and PM me if you need to talk.

Mike
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

sherlock

Tim
The eminent loss of a loved one is very hard for us to accept. Life for me has been rather tough lately so I can really sympathize with the decision you have had to make. I can only hope you will be able to concentrate on the good times you had with him. I definitely know that this will be one of the hardest things you will ever have to do and our prayers will be with you and your family.

Nathan

Mr Walleye

I'm very sorry to hear this Tim. I can't really add much more to what has been said but know that you and your Dad are in our thoughts and prayers.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

FLBentRider

I echo the sentiment of the others, and really can't add to it.

I know this is a tough time for you. I've been there.

We will keep you in our prayers.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KyNola

Caneyscud and Sherlock said it all.  We will continue to lift your father and you up.

KyNola

manxman

Nothing more to add, just to say you and your dad are in our thoughts and prayers.
Manxman

Habanero Smoker

Sorry to hear about your father's health. Hospice is a great organization, so your father will be treated with dignity.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Tiny Tim

Thank you, guys.  I may need to lean on you more in the future, but we're good so far...just shedding a tear or two every now and again.

iceman

Sorry to hear about your dad T.T. Members have said it all and we will keep our prayers going for him. Take care friend and keep us in mind if there is anything we can do.

car54

Tim,
There is nothing more to be said that has not already been said. You and your father will be in my prayers. Life is full of ups and downs and at times it gets very hard. Keep us posted . We are there for you.

Brad

Up In Smoke

Tim,
will send a word up for your father and family,
god bless.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Wildcat

Linda and I have the two of you in our prayers Tiny.  Let me know if I can help in any other way.

Rick
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/