Not Too Hot To Touch

Started by smokergirl, September 03, 2007, 03:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokergirl

Hi there,

Should I be able to pull both racks, and meat out of my smoker by hand, @220F for 5 hours?
Would it not still be too hot to do so?

Smokergirl

Arcs_n_Sparks

MWS

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

Arcs_n_Sparks

With all the energy coming off my knuckles, I have to be insulated. Otherwise, the food would vaporize.   :o

Nikola Tesla

wicz

Chuck Norris would not use gloves.   ;)

headgames

to give you a little comparison ... most hot water coming out of your faucet is less then 160 degrees ;D
If ya go home hungry ........ You were at the wrong House!!

Wildcat

Those wire racks will cool pretty fast, so if the door is open for a short period prior to taking out, it could be done.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

smokergirl

OK all joking amongst yourselves aside- maybe a tech  or dealer is better to answer my ???
I had ribs on for 5 hours- opened once at 1.5 and 3 hr mark at almost five hour point I could still handle meat with my hand and not feel HOT warm yes but not ow maybe I should not have touched.

Could my burner unit have a malfunction or my digital program

Serious answers only please

Smokergirl

wicz

Sorry about the joke Smokergirl.  I would say no.  You shouldnt be able to handle the racks with your bare hands.  You may want to contact bradley tomorrow, their maybe an issue with your smoker.

acords

QuoteChuck Norris would not use gloves.

Too funny!

QuoteHi there,

Should I be able to pull both racks, and meat out of my smoker by hand, @220F for 5 hours?
Would it not still be too hot to do so?

Smokergirl

I would say no, sounds like you have technical difficulties.  Call Bradley and check with them

Grab me another stout, or scotch, or martini, or........
http://www.yardandpool.com - for all your Bradley needs!
http://www.geocities.com/schleswignapa/ -for all your Bradley needs!

Gizmo

Do you have a remote thermometer near the meat to determine the actual box temp?
Is the heating element glowing red hot?

If the box is working properly and you have a 200 + deg box temp, I would say trying to handle the racks would be very uncomfortable to painful unless you do a lot of rough labor with your hands and have some caluses built up.

What temperature did the built in digital read?
What was your set temp?
Did you preheat and if so, what temperature did you take the box to?
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Arcs_n_Sparks

Quote from: smokergirl on September 03, 2007, 05:15:18 PM
OK all joking amongst yourselves aside- maybe a tech  or dealer is better to answer my ???

smokergirl,

My original answer stands. Usually too hot to handle when you open the door, especially running 220F. Sausage at 165F is a different story.

Arcs_n_Sparks

coyote

Hey MWS , The Sparkler aint no sissy..........He's just tender. ;)

Coyote

headgames

I believe it's a plain case of INEBRIATION  CALIBRATION   
For technical purposes assume the rack temp is 200 degrees
2-3 beverages your hold time of the rack is 2 seconds
4-5 beverages your hold time is 3 seconds
6-7 beverages your hold time is 4 seconds
8-9 beverages your hold time is 5 seconds
any consumption past 12 beverages your hold time is infinate
Please keep in mind these are ESTIMATES only and can vary from beverage to beverage  and personal preferance to size of beverage . Also keep in mind that above the border in CANADA these hold times increase by 1.12 because  the Quality of the beverages produced are ranked far higher then the United States version of PONY PISS
If in fact your beverage is not brewed but it is distilled you need to multiply the standard hold times by 1.374 unless of course it is considered RYE then just increase the recovery period for the next days smoke
;D
If ya go home hungry ........ You were at the wrong House!!

iceman

Quote from: headgames on September 04, 2007, 07:44:12 AM
I believe it's a plain case of INEBRIATION  CALIBRATION   
any consumption past 12 beverages your hold time is infinate
;D
I feel NOOOO pain what so ever. Now I know why. HMMMMMMM, I am one with my rum, HMMMMMMMMMMM :D