Nepas Jerky

Started by BigJohnT, August 02, 2009, 03:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigJohnT

I made some of Nepas soy marinade jerky today. It came out real nice but no more jerky making until I get my auto-magical time/temperature control built.

I took out some all ready sliced jerky meat I had and after weighing it I grabbed a flank steak out of the freezer and proceeded to wack on it with my slicer. That is when I ran into problems. I had the most difficult time trying to get even thickness on the slices. I guess it was too hard or my slicer is too whimpy... dunno which. Anyhow next time I'll let it thaw more before trying to slice it.

3.4 lbs of sliced and trimmed flank steak.

Measuring the cure to the 1/10 of a grain. I wonder how many know what I normally do with the green thingy???

Hillbilly Revo in action.

John

HawkeyeSmokes

Bet you use that green thingy the same as I use my orange one. They come in mighty handy for weighing those small amounts of cure. (And gun powder)  :D
HawkeyeSmokes

BigJohnT

Yep  ;) that's what I do with it usually.

John

Up In Smoke

:) :) :) :) gun powder  :) :) :) :)
we believe......
triple beam is more accurate...................so i have heard.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

pensrock

your green thingy is exactly the same as my green thingy.  :)

easyridinole

Same thing I got, but I never thought of using it like that! ;D

Ole
Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

smokeitall

Did you get any finished pics? 

My jerky turned out great today.  No pics, I was a little to busy running around trying to get the ribs done, jerky done, corn done, etc.  We sure had a great dinner though.  Also got in about a 3-1/2 motorcycle ride, man the weather was beautiful today.
SIA

BigJohnT

Quote from: Up In Smoke on August 02, 2009, 04:22:01 PM
:) :) :) :) gun powder  :) :) :) :)
we believe......
triple beam is more accurate...................so i have heard.

Well... the grain scale measures down to 1/10 of a grain and my triple beam measures down to 1/10 of a gram.

1 gram = 15.432358353 grains

John

BigJohnT

Quote from: smokeitall on August 02, 2009, 06:17:02 PM
Did you get any finished pics? 

My jerky turned out great today.  No pics, I was a little to busy running around trying to get the ribs done, jerky done, corn done, etc.  We sure had a great dinner though.  Also got in about a 3-1/2 motorcycle ride, man the weather was beautiful today.
SIA

I didn't take a finished pic yet... I did get the dirt and rock out of my hole for the tower base... and put a new tire on the XL200R.

John

smokey sean

work great with gun powder!!!!!!! haha lol

i would do the same.

BigJohnT

I made some more of this jerky today and with a little thawing the cutting went like a charm and man oh man it is good... smoker control and fan worked like a charm. I'm lovin it but no McDumps for me...

John

smokeitall

I second that, it was good jerky...I had a couple pieces and I could have eaten 20.  Thanks again BigJohnT

BigJohnT

I'm making more Sunday... and using my Foodsaver marinade cycle with the marinade container. It will be interesting to see if there is any difference.

John

smokeitall

Well its Monday, how did it turn out?  Hope there's some left on Thursday.  ;D

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: BigJohnT on August 02, 2009, 03:42:17 PM

Hillbilly Revo in action.

John

Why didn't think of that. I went and order a 9 MINUTE ELECTRIC MARINATOR VACUUM FOOD MEAT TENDERISER from the UK.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.