BDS wont power up

Started by smoke808, December 18, 2013, 01:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoke808

hi guys

brand new BDS wont power up - nothing at all on the panel.   took the plastic cover off to expose the button switches but still no difference.

pulled box apart and only thing I can find is that the patterns on the white/blue whires are reversed either side of the connector on the ribbon cable?  is this normal?

any other ideas??

Habanero Smoker

Hi smoke808;

Sorry to welcome you to the forum under these circumstances.

When you are not getting any power to the generator, you should recheck all your power connections, and double check to make sure there is power at the outlet. If it is plugged into a surge protector or power strip, make sure that if functioning properly.

The below link may be helpful for you to troubleshoot the problem, or at least narrow it done. Then you can provide Bradley Customer Service with a better ideas of where the problem lays.
Bradley FAQ's

This link may be most useful:
Digital Bradley Will Not Turn On

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

smoke808

thank you :)

yeah, ive done all that in the links you posted but no luck :(

ill keep trying!  not sure why one would reverse the wires either side of the connector, doesnt seem logical to me....

Habanero Smoker

I'm not familiar with the wiring of the digital. I know when you buy something new you want it to work right out of the box, but when you call Bradley CS, they take care of the issue.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

TedEbear

It sounds like you have an understanding of how the electronics work.  Take a multimeter, trace where the incoming power stops inside the SG and go from there.