New to the Bradley Family looking for advice

Started by Nodnarb, February 26, 2010, 09:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nodnarb

Hi all!! Just got my new Bradley Smoker and was looking for some newbie advice. Its still cold where I live but I'm itching to use the new smoker. I have the 4 rack BT1S1 Original smoker, and I would like to know how to set it up in my garage to vent the smoke outside. I have read alot of people say they smoke year round in their garage and have it set up to do so, but have found no advice on how to properly set it up. Any advice or tips is greatly appreciated. Also some tips on what to smoke first and what flavor of wood to use. Thanks again in advance!!

RAF128

All depends on you're set up.    Do you mind cutting a hole in your garage to vent it.    I didn't want to do that so I vent mine through the window.    Attached a piece to the top of the smoker, got some dryer vent and have another piece on a piece of plywood that fits in the window.   They say a picture is worth a 1000 words so here's a picture of what I did.    Others will show you what they did.

Nodnarb

RAF128.. how did u attatch the dryer vent to the top of ur smoker? Thanks for the picture by the way.. a picture does say a thousand words. :)

Toker

RAF128

I don't know what the fittings are called exactly but I went to Home Depot to section where they sell ducting and pipes and they're there.   They're made for 4 " pipe and the 4 " dryer hose slips right over.   Can't tell you any more.   You'll have to go and explore.