My smoker just got a new home

Started by Northern_Smoke, December 22, 2009, 08:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinG

It makes a smile with that v pointing down in the middle, how can that not be happy.  :D
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

oakville smoker

NS 

You are my hero, my problem solver and your wife should get soe credit too !
that looks like a tight fit front to back BUT it looks like it fits
What model or part number is that?  Can you tell me?
This sounds like a project for tomorrow.
I want to be sure I get the right one though.

I will be waiting at Crappy Tire for the doors to open tomorrow to bag me one of these

Merry Christmas to me, Merry Christmas to me  9 or should that be my DBS ?
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

classicrockgriller

You can reinforce the shelf by screwing or laying a piece of wood over it or under it.

I have a cab like this (not for my Bradley) and have heavy stuff in it and solved the problem with the wood.

Northern_Smoke

Its actually deceiving to look at. My wife said the same thing but the front of the shelf is actually curved. It sits perfectly level with no bowing. That's not to say i won't sag if i load 50 pounds of meat into it. But i did plan to actually make a steel frame for it to sit on to keep it form possibly sagging in the future.
Bob and Doug Mckenzie encompass all that is Canadian ehh.

Northern_Smoke

For anyone interested in the cabinet my wife bought me, here are some pictures of the box and info.
Hope this helps anyone suffering from too much winter :D

Last Mrk

OK, I'm more interested in the '64 (?) Lincoln in the background. That's one sweet ride. :)

hal4uk

Huh?  Where dat Lincoln?  Suicide doors????
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

oakville smoker

Thanks much.  I am checking my bravery index and deciding whether to chance a trip to Crappy Tire to pickone up today
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Northern_Smoke

Good eye on the Lincoln. I picked it up in Texas for 3000 dollars about 5 years ago. It is all original an when i brought it home i had it appraised for insurance. Turns out they put a 17,000 dollar tag on it. Original paint in aw some shape and all that jazz. I rebuilt the motor and trans about a month ago and just waiting to get more projects out of the garage so i have room to work ha ha. The arcade is coming in the house after Christmas and thank god that cabinet for the smoker didn't take much more than a few hours ha ha.

But that car doesn't have much to do with smoking...now that i rebuilt the motor. For anyone interested, i monitored the temps of my smoker and cabinet. It was -16C last night when i smoked Canadian Back Bacon and then about 60 ABTs. The cabinet temp never went above 12C and the smoker came up to temp almost as quick as it does in the summer. The recovery was also very quick when i took the back bacon out and put the ABTs in. I did not time how fast everything came up to temp because i don't have any summer "times" to compare it to. But my real interest is how its going to preform when we get some real cold weather because -16 is still almost shorts and t-shirt weather in this part of the country hahaha

oakville smoker

I se there is a base cabinet on the web site that the DBS might fit in
I am going to check it out
This would have to live on the deck with the gasser, the Bear chairs and some other toys
If I went the high cabinet oute, I might be looking to take it down in the summer

Northern_Smoke

Quote from: oakville smoker on December 24, 2009, 08:46:34 AM
I se there is a base cabinet on the web site that the DBS might fit in
I am going to check it out

If this is the one you are looking at http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/3/HouseHome/StorageOrganization/HouseholdOrganization/PRD~0681273P/Suncast%2BResin%2BBase%2BCabinet.jsp, i think the smoker would fit nicely. If i remember, it would put the top of the smoker right at the top of the cabinet. But other than the height, its the same as the one i used. The only reason the wife got me the tall one was it was on sale for 89 dollars when she was there.

oakville smoker

Yeppers, that is the one I am looking at
Measure twice, cut once....   well I was convinced this cabinet was 30 inches high and would not fit
I see its 36 and I can see possibilities for this.  Tomorrows project for sure

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!