Hello from Virginia

Started by Otdrzman, May 13, 2014, 02:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otdrzman

Hey everyone. I have a DBS and have used it several times over the last 6 months or so. I am planning the 900 watt element mod in hopes to tighten up the temp swing that the original element presents. I'm hoping that I have all of the needed material (PID, element, SSR, etc.). I would like to receive some input on the modifications. I have checked out this forum a few times in the past and have read some really helpful info. Thanks

tskeeter

Otd, you might want to start a post with a subject line that reads something like Mod Help Needed.  That will attract the attention of the modification experts, who will be able to answer your questions and give you some guidance.

I think you'll like having a PID.  The plug-n-play version I'm using is giving me set point +/- 1 degree temp control.  Great help with fish, cheese, sausage, and the like.

Here's to some great smoking with your soon to be souped up Bradley!

tailfeathers

First off, welcome to the forums from South Dakota, you'll love this place. I have a digital six rack with a 900 watt element and a single probe auber "plug and play" pid, and it is the bee's knees. Super tight temp control, fast preheat and recovery, I love it. I used the "bolts through the back" method of mounting mine. Hear is a link to a thread that should answer most of your questions. Good luck and welcome aboard!!http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=31078.msg370245#msg370245
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Saber 4

I'll stick to giving you a warm welcome from Texas and leave the mod questions to the experts.

NorthShoreMN

Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi