Sausage/Cheese Balls

Started by NePaSmoKer, November 19, 2009, 07:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Have a cool recipe my Aunt sent me.

2 lbs of sausage i used some homemade (you can use store bought jimmy dean type mild or hot)

1 1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese (more if you like)

2 cups bisquick

Squirt of Sriracha

2 lbs sausage

cheese added

bisquick added

Sriracha added

mix by hand. this is what you will have.

roll into balls, bake in oven at 400* until deep brown crust forms.

i opted for another method of cooking  ;D

More to follow.

nepas

Tenpoint5

HOW CAN IT BE BAD with Sriracha in it?????? Sounds like a cool recipe, you will definately have to give an update. By the way that bottle still looks pretty full, how do you like it?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Ka Honu

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on November 19, 2009, 08:01:16 AMBy the way that bottle still looks pretty full...

Someone probably heard he was taking a photo and gave him a case.

ArnieM

Looks good Nepas.  Can't wait to see the finished product.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

KyNola

NePaS,
I have that same recipe.  As I was reading your post and saw bake at 400 I thought "hhmm, a Traeger or a MAK will easily reach that temp.  Smoke 'em!" and of course I should have known you were on the same wavelength way ahead of me.  I'm betting those will be awesome!

KyNola

KyNola

Are they done yet? Are they done yet? Are they done yet? Are they done yet? :P

KyNola

squirtthecat

<<<-----------  :D

TMB

Theey do look great, I'll have to see if I can do some in TBE this weekend for Sunday dinner! Since were on a low carb (eating plan) I bet I could make these fit right in.   ;D 
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

Ka Honu

Quote from: TMB on November 19, 2009, 10:29:31 AMSince were on a low carb (eating plan) ... 

I'm guessing 2 cups of Bisquick (at about 80g of carbohydrates per cup) may shoot down that plan.  But make it anyway; the taste is worth the effort.

NePaSmoKer

Got em done. The last few got away from me and got kinda cruchy (i like em)

Someone probably heard he was taking a photo and gave him a case. Not up here with these hillbillys, they never heard of the stuff  :D

nepas

ArnieM

Quote from: Ka Honu on November 19, 2009, 11:12:36 AM
Quote from: TMB on November 19, 2009, 10:29:31 AMSince were on a low carb (eating plan) ... 

I'm guessing 2 cups of Bisquick (at about 80g of carbohydrates per cup) may shoot down that plan.  But make it anyway; the taste is worth the effort.

Based on your estimate and 21 sausage balls, that's only about 7.6g of carbs per ball.  Not too bad.  And, look at all the great protein and fat yer getting besides,
-- Arnie

ArnieM

I'm definately gonna give these a try Nepas.  It looks simple.  I like simple.  ;D  They also look good.
-- Arnie

squirtthecat

Quote from: ArnieM on November 19, 2009, 12:04:40 PM
Quote from: Ka Honu on November 19, 2009, 11:12:36 AM

Based on your estimate and 21 sausage balls, that's only about 7.6g of carbs per ball.  Not too bad.  And, look at all the great protein and fat yer getting besides,

Here is a "low carb" Bisquick clone:

http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/4/Bisquick_Like_Mix_Low_Carb61245.shtml

I don't profess to know anything about it...  I just saw the link somewhere else.

classicrockgriller

Those bad boys look awesome.

Did you cook that on your jalapeno rack?
Kewl idea for grease drainage.

Thanks nepas

pensrock

Rick, those look great.  :)
One question, why did you not wrap a couple of those bad boys with bacon?  ???