beer sausage

Started by Piker, April 25, 2009, 02:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piker

Just stuffed a batch of 60% venison and 40% gr. pork with a premixed beer seasoning and instacure and whole mustard seeds. Fried up a patty and it was great!!![/img]

Mr Walleye

Looks great Piker!

Can't wait to see the finished product.  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Piker

Its done! I add instacure to all of my fresh sausage for the flavour and colour. I will just freeze what I wont be eating in the next few days.

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Piker on April 25, 2009, 02:13:26 PM
Its done! I add instacure to all of my fresh sausage for the flavour and colour. I will just freeze what I wont be eating in the next few days.

Well there ya go!  ;D

I assumed you were smoking it. It still looks great and will taste even better.  ;)

Mike

Piker

I just bbq'ed a chunk and it was delicious. Without a doubt the best I have made. The sesaonings comes from Halfords in Calgary. I use them a lot as they are close and shipping does not break you!

Mr Walleye

Piker

I have a friend here in Moose Jaw that uses their products as well and swears by them. I just recently got a catalogue from them. I guess I will have to order some stuff and give them a shot.

Mike

NePaSmoKer

Piker that is nice, good job.

nepas

Tenpoint5

Looks great Piker.

How do you like the Collagen casings on fresh sausage? Much of a difference from Natural other than the Snap?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Piker

The collagen casings are so much easier to work with. I put a little cooking oil on the stuffing horn and my hands are a bit oily it makes them very soft and supple. I had a quite large supply and as I am getting near the last of them I can tell they are not as good as they once were. An odd tear which never happened before. I can do everything with them as I could with naturals. Piker