Whiskey: American or Canadian ?

Started by classicrockgriller, September 02, 2009, 07:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

Just wondering if there are any whiskey: sippers, drinkers, gulpers, or shot takers out there? Name that favorite one and how you abuse it or how it abuses you.
My whiskey of choice is Crown! Smooth, sweet...could be made into a marinade. When my funds get low I still go to eh! land and get Canadian Hunter. I really don't like American Whiskey, .....unless that is all there is.

KyNola

CRG,
If you don't like American whiskey than you haven't had Booker's poured straight out of the bottle into a Brandy snifter and sipped just like a fine Cognac.  Rarely do I indulge in a whiskey but when I do rest assured it is Booker's.  Just happens to be a Kentucky brewed whiskey from the Jim Beam family by the way.

KyNola

classicrockgriller

ok...guess I am not as refined as you...always want to learn a new chapter....thanks

NePaSmoKer

JD straight out of the bottle. I used to buy it by the case in Calif but here i can only but 4 bottles at a time?

Yeah i use JD in my jerky marinades.

nepas

Mr Walleye

Yup! Sometimes I'm a whiskey sipper... sometimes a gulper... sometimes a shot taker... but allways a whiskey drinker!  :D

I like Crown too but my favorite is Schenley Golden Wedding and Schenley OFC. Both are a Canadian whiskey from "ehh" land... just like me!  :D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

westexasmoker

Simple one for me....JD or Jim Bean!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

classicrockgriller

I live in such a small red neck area that I have to drive 22 miles for Liquor and can only bring a 1/5th back or
I can go to jail for transporting..the fine is $500.

Tiny Tim

Depends on my mood, and whether I'm feeling rich or not.  Have drank Crown, Black Velvet, Southern Comfort, Jack Daniels, Jim Beam, Kessler, Sunny Brook, Seagram's, and Canadian Hunter.  The only one that disagreed when I did not mix it, was Jack...it tried mighty hard to get back out, but I wouldn't let it.  Of course, then there is Rye Whiskey, one that is very smooth, but almost lethal in it's "Bootleg" form, is Templeton Rye, made right here in Western Iowa.

classicrockgriller

one of my first whiskey as an adult was jack. I have always been a dr pepper freak so i tryed that. Called them pepper jacks. Something about the after taste of American Whiskey. Soon switched to Crown.

KyNola

CRG,
I'm about as refined as a sewer pickle in a punch bowl.  I just happened to discover Booker's by chance one night.  Someone bought me a shot of it and rather than throw it all back in one gulp, I wanted to taste it first as I had never had it before so I drank a bit of the shot and realized it was just too smooth to throw it back.

That's all it took and that, my friend is how I discovered Booker's.

KyNola

classicrockgriller

appreciate the comments..gonna put them on my todo list in morning

Hopefull Romantic

It Is JD for me and I take it any which way I can get it.

I have to say here that Ky intrigued me on Booker's. Next time some one is coming from States side I will have him bring me one.

Nepas, I always bought JD by the case and still do and directly from the distributor and not some liquor store.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

3rensho

Afraid I limit my sipping to single malts from the place where they wear kilts.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

FLBentRider

Bookers -- oh yeah!

Basil hayden

Knob creek

JD single barrel

Johnny walker - BLUE

Talisker

and of course Crown Royal every now and then.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: FLBentRider on September 03, 2009, 02:45:31 AM
JD single barrel
Johnny walker - BLUE

A man after my own heart. Have you tried JD Monogram or Silver select? Outstanding.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.