Help with Habanero Pulled Pork and Sauce Recipe

Started by sherlock, July 25, 2007, 12:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sherlock

I am wet behind my ears. I am going to smoke a pork butt this weekend which will be my first attempt at smoking.

I feel stupid asking this question but, hell, how will I learn.

I picked up a recipe by Habanero Smoker from the "Oldman" site. It calls for and gives a recipe for Vaulted Vinegar Sauce. Here is where the ignorance shows.............................What do you do with the sauce? Do your mop the meat while smoking, mop it when  its finished, pour it over the pork when its pulled or is it ment to be a side dip that people dip into while eating?

I have always heard that the only stupid question is one that goes unasked. Well I can imagine that this is pretty darn close.
;D

iceman

IMO I like to sprinkle a little of it over the pulled pork and toss it to mix it in a bit then I always serve it as a dipping sauce also. ;D

HCT

I use it like iceman, sometimes I drink it straight up. :D
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Habanero Smoker

That really not my recipe, but a reprint from Smoke & Spice. The Nakano vinegar is my modification to the recipe. I feel that is a most try. After shredding the pork, I generally start with 1/2 to 3/4 cups of sauce per butt, then adjust from there. Also I have some extra for dipping or if some one want to add additional sauce to their pork.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Arcs_n_Sparks

sherlock,

I have the vaulted vinegar in a squeeze bottle. Get that shredded pork on a bun, squirt it up with the sauce, then a little cole slaw. You'll be a hero.

Arcs_n_Sparks

sherlock

:) With a resource like this forum, how can anyone fail to become a  SMOKER
Thank you all for your help and patience in educating a Newbie. AND, thank you Bradley Smokers for having this website where we can share our experiences.

Nathan