Smoking Steak?

Started by GrillinFool, October 08, 2005, 04:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrillinFool

A couple nights ago I put a few rib eyes into the bradley with one biscuit for 20 mins. I only had the smoke generator on not the box. Then I put the steaks on a hot grill and grilled them up. it was really good but a little too smokey.

So tonight I put in 4 sirloins and one apple puck in and let is smoke for 15 minutes. Actually I let the buscuit get going for 5 mins then put in the steaks for 15 minutes. It was really, really good.

It got better when I put asparagus sauteed in butter, olive oil, garlic, and minced onion all over the top of the steaks.

So now I am wondering was there any weird bacteria reason for not doing this? I am likely to do every steak I make from now on this way.

Oldman

I've tried steaks before and I just don't care for the outcome at all.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

GrillinFool

I forgot to mention the reason I did this in the first place is because I use a gas grill which although it is very hot and does a great job on steaks it lacks the wood flovor. By flavoring the steaks for a few minutes in the Bradley then grilling them I get the very same flavor that I used to when I cooked over a wood burning pit. And boy do I miss that flavor. So I am only using the smoke as a flavoring and not cooking at all.

BigSmoker

I have done the same thing many times with steaks and had no problems.  Definitely makes for a good steak[:p].

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Oldman

What I use to do is place very small metal boxes with chips in them side by side with the bricketts above the burner.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

nsxbill

I tried cold smoking prior to grill once, but think I smoked too long.  Taste was not worth repeating.  Maybe I will try it again with just one bisquette.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.