Fantastic Pulled Pork

Started by manderso, June 13, 2007, 08:12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manderso

WOW!!!!  My first go at smoking anything was absolutely amazing.  I'm hooked for life now.  I smoked two 7 lb. pork butts for 12 1/2 hours at 220 degrees, pulled them out when the internal temp got to 190, and let them rest for about a half hour.  They looked beautiful!  I put on my gloves not knowing what to expect when I went to pull them.  I cut the strings I used to wrap them up, and the meat literally fell apart in my hands.  It was very moist and extremely delicious.  Being from the Boston area, I don't see much good BBQ, except for my annual retreat to Hilton Head, SC every spring.  My pulled pork rivaled my favorite BBQ spot down there, "The Smokehouse".  Ribs are on deck for this weekend.  This forum is a great source of info.  I appreciate the help and tips.

Manderso

icerat4

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Stickbowcrafter

HCT

It sure is a great feeling when everything comes out right. Enjoy!!! Smoke on!!!
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

iceman

;D ;D ;D Gotta love it when the first shot hits the mark. Game over. Lets eat!!! :D Congrats manderso.

Wildcat

Way to go manderso!  Now if you get your hands on Iceman's rub and sauce, especially the sauce, you will find that the Smokehouse is not near as good.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

West Coast Kansan

Well done manderso  :) Pictures of perfection are welcome here also  ;D Good to hear about your launch  :)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Gizmo

Manderso, don't take this the wrong way, read below but, I think your memory is more hyped by imagination than reality.  ;)

I can guarantee that if you took your but (and pulled pork  ;D) down to the BBQ joint and did a side by side, you'd agree your memory has been building up their quality and you have actually surpassed it not rivaled it.

Most excellent.
I'll second WCK, pictures are most welcome. 
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

NePaSmoKer

WTG and welcome to the Bradley family

I agree with WCK & Giz for the pics.

nepas  ;D

hillbillysmoker

Congrats on the successful adventure.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

standles

Congrats Congrats Congrats....   Yeah right...

I am going to be the crumudgeon and say phooie on ya.   

No one likes a smartelec that gets it right the frist time..    ;D

Have fun and maybe I can reach your skill level before I die of smoke inhalation  ::)

Steven

LilSmoker

Congrats on your success! ;)

Pics are always welcomed, we just love pics

LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes