Pepper Sticks, Hot Dogs, and Albacore!

Started by wyrman, July 06, 2012, 10:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wyrman

I smoked 25lbs of pepper sticks yesterday, let them sit overnight in a paper bag and packaged 11 bags with 15 each plus roughly another 50 for immediate consumption.
I used Eldons Sausage mix for these and the hot dogs. I also put some high temperature cheese in them.

I made 10lbs of hot dogs this morning. I smoked them for an hour then put them in a hot water bath until they reached 152°.

I also smoked four albacore loins, which equals one fish.

My wife is going on a girls weekend to Lake Chelan next weekend and requested the tuna, and my sister and her clan are coming to town at the end of July from Arizona so I made the hot dogs so we can bbq them out on the boat and the pepper sticks will make a great snack on the water and for their trip back home.
I plan on making summer sausage and some dog jerky next weekend.

pikeman_95

Wow a very nice batch. Everything looks great.

Sailor

Hog Dang!  You did yourself proud.  He shoots  HE SCORES!  Nice job.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

wyrman

OU812

That all looks gooood,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,my jaw hit the floor when I seen them hot dogs.

Great job!

mikecorn.1

Nice. It all looks great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Mr Walleye

Man you have been busy Wyrman.

Looks fantastic!  8)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

wyrman

Thank you OU812,Mikecorn.1, and Mike. Yeah I was busy but I have a five day weekend so I had no excuses.
I gave the long dog, (in saran wrap) to a friend and he was amazed at how good it was.

SiFumar

Fantastic looking!  Going to have lots of happy people!

OU812

Quote from: wyrman on July 06, 2012, 08:02:23 PM
Thank you OU812,Mikecorn.1, and Mike. Yeah I was busy but I have a five day weekend so I had no excuses.
I gave the long dog, (in saran wrap) to a friend and he was amazed at how good it was.

Oh I got so many things I could say bout this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but I aint gonna.  ;D

KyNola

That load of sticks and hot dogs are amazing.  Nice work!

wyrman

Yeah I guess I walked into that one huh OU812?

Tenpoint5

That's a good days work making all that sausage!!

Next weekend must be for your Korean friends, I would guess??  :o ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

wyrman

That's funny Tenpoint5! I had to re-read my post to get it but I got it.
I picked up some Hi-Country dog treats smoky pepperoni mix.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: wyrman on July 07, 2012, 08:59:55 AM
I picked up some Hi-Country dog treats smoky pepperoni mix.

OH OK your making treats FOR the dog not WITH the dog!! I know I offended someone but that was funny as hell to me at the moment!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!