I think I am the new guy on this "Blog"

Started by Hopefull Romantic, July 03, 2009, 04:40:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hopefull Romantic

Hi there and greetings from Jordan,

I have just ordered and paid for the 6 rack digital DBS along with the cold smoke adaptor with enough briquettes to last me a while and it is expected to arrive around the middle of the month, I CANT WAIT. I have taken the plunge after a long and tedious research on which smoker to buy and every time I compared, Bradley won with flying colors. I have been smoking different kinds of meat for some time on a charcoal smoker and now with Bradley's innovation of "set it and forget it" I imagine that I will be smoking a whole lot more.

I look for all you guys help and expertise and hope to be an active member here

Hopefull Romantic
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

deb415611

Welcome Hopefull Romantic!

You will love your Bradley.  If you haven't found it already also check out the members recipe site  http://www.susanminor.org/  There are many great recipes as well as a great faq section.

Deb

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum Hopefull Romantic!

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

beefmann

welcome to the forum hopefull

lot of good people and information

Caneyscud

Welcome Hopeful!  Is that Jordan as in - over there? 

Looks like you are getting set up for some good eats.  Jump in and have fun.  And please post pics and recipes!  We love to love to look, drool, and learn!   

BTW, if you don't have a remote thermometer or an instant reading thermometer, they are handy and almost indispensable. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Hopefull Romantic

Hi there to all and thank you very much for making me feel so welcomed so quickly.

I will certainly be posting pics and recipes as soon as I start using the smoker. And yes it is Jordan "way over there" and I do have a digital wireless thermometer and I am bidding on one on eBay.

My smoker when it arrives, will be the first in this country and I believe I am the only one here who is smoking meat...as far as I know and heard from all the good people who agreed to have my smoking outcome tested on them. So far it is not a common way of cooking here but I am planning to change that.

Caneyscud

That is so cool - being on the leading edge of bringing smoking technology and smoked foods to those who have not yet had the pleasure.  Maybe Wade and friends would like to help spread the smokiness to Jordan!  It would be real interesting to wed the flavors of Jordan cooking and good southern bbq together and see what comes out.  Keep us posted.  Uhh.  just thought about it  -  I guess pulled pork isn't on the menu - Lamb and chicken I would guess would be the mainstays.  What about beef and fish?
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Hopefull Romantic

Thanks Cannyscud and I appreciate your help.

I know that pork is not a common here but it sure will be on my menu. I love spaere ribs and I had to go a long time before I discovered a little joint here that has them. Notexactly ;like the ones I used to have back in the states but close enough, however, not smoked at all.

To answer your question, all types of meat are available here including venison and ostrich... if you know where to look.