Element gone!

Started by BC Smokin, June 08, 2012, 01:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BC Smokin

Last night I prepared my brisket to put in the DBS, I put it in the smoker this AM added briskets, set the temp I wanted, the smoke was pouring out, everything looked great. I checked it about 12 PM and everything was cold, the smoker and the meat. I have put the brisket in the house oven and will have to cook it there, this is for a grad party tomorrow.   I think I got one summers use maybe 4 months worth of heating out ot it. I just ordered a new element and I will order another in a few weeks so as to have one on hand at all times.
Not impressed.
BC Smokin'

GusRobin

did you call Bradley? They have great customer service.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

BC Smokin

Yes, I called Bradley and they are sending a new element, but that won't help me today.
BC Smokin

mikecorn.1

Sorry to hear about that. Guess I'm one or the lucky ones so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

rexster

Knock on wood, I've got a stainless Bradley that I bought in 2005 that still has the original element (that works)
Stainless 4 rack Bradley
6 Rack DBS w/second heat element
Auber PID
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
Jenn-Air 75000 btu gas grill w/sear burner
Weber Performer charcoal grill
Portable Kitchen All Aluminum Charcoal Grill
2 MES 40" smokers
PK360 Grill
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer

rajzer

Mine went on me two weeks ago.  Bought the Brad last spring.  Sounds like they must have had a bad batch of elements.  They sent me a replacement immediately without any questions.  They all must have been made right after some Chinese holiday.

jkeister74

>:( my 4 rack digital smoker has gone through 4 elements and another today in the middle of my brisket what the heck is going on

Toker

When you will receive your element, just make sure the serial number start by HK and NOT DF. From what i heard, the DF were the bad ones. Did not hear anything bad about the HK so far.

Redneckinthecity

I just received my replacement element after mine died in the middle of cooking for July 4.  I just saw that the replacement I received has the DF serial number.  Wondering if I should return to Bradley before bothering to install it.  I wish someone from Bradley would reply on this thread and tell us the real story....

Toker

Just check if it is written 010 010 on it. If so, call or pm Brian (forum administrator) to ask about it. In my opinion, if you have on of these, you are sitting on a time bomb. But i could be wrong.