E-1 error code?

Started by txbassman, April 12, 2008, 04:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

txbassman

When my digital smoker is loading another bisquette onto the smoking platform, the system shuts down and I get an audible beep and a flashing "E1" code on the display.  Has anyone had this happen?  I unplugged all connections including the fuse and it seems to have cured the problem.  Curious if anyone else has experienced this or if there is a known cause?  ???

Gizmo

E1 is usually associated with the temp sense cord (small diameter cord) between the smoke gen and the smoke box.  Sometimes the connectors need a little encouragment to make good contact.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

West Coast Kansan

E1 is the small cord,,, connect and disconnect several times as Gizmo says.  A "E" means something is binding the puck advance slide mechanism... not moving freely through the full cycle.  Make sure there are not a lot of puck crumbs between the slider and the rails and use a metal tool with an edge to scrape the ramp clean. Should do it...

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)