Smoker Santa was good to me

Started by Saber 4, December 28, 2013, 07:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saber 4

I must have done something right this year because Smoker Santa brought me some good stuff and no coal. Here's a new digital scale for my sausage making

a new Amzen tube smoker and 5 pellet flavors

a second bread pan, Kuta's sausage book and a book on bread making

a spice grinder for grinding fresh and dried herbs and spices for my sausages and rubs.

And some Penzys spice rubs.

I guess I'm going to have to do more smoking to keep all the Santa's happy for next year.

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

ragweed

That's great, Robert!  No excuses now!

Tenpoint5

Now you have to start making smoked sausage not just fresh
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Saber 4

pensrock

Let me see..... from what I can cifer out of this is, Judy wants some smoked sausages and ribs on homemade fresh bread or rolls.  :)
Nothing wrong with that at all!  ;D

Salmonsmoker

Those are some great gifts saber! I've beem using Pensey's spices for years. They're hard to beat. Kutas' book is one of my sausage"bibles". Your Smoker Santa is tops!
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

Saber 4

I got lucky it was actually multiple Santa's, Judy got me some of the stuff and my uncle saw me enter the Owens BBQ contest for the tube smoker on facebook so he ordered me one and my mom got me the bread baker and book.

Salmonsmoker

Quote from: Saber 4 on December 29, 2013, 11:20:22 AM
I got lucky it was actually multiple Santa's, Judy got me some of the stuff and my uncle saw me enter the Owens BBQ contest for the tube smoker on facebook so he ordered me one and my mom got me the bread baker and book.
Well then, your Smoker Santas are tops! You must be at least "tolerable". :) :) :)

seemore

Nice Robert the rytek book rocks I use it a lot
Scott

Saber 4

Quote from: seemore on December 30, 2013, 05:08:06 PM
Nice Robert the rytek book rocks I use it a lot
Scott

I'm liking the way he writes and I think I'm going to enjoy reading the whole book.

seemore

Robert read opening a sausage kitchen  good read but sad should start on page 449
scott

Saber 4

Quote from: seemore on December 30, 2013, 06:11:24 PM
Robert read opening a sausage kitchen  good read but sad should start on page 449
scott

That's to funny, that's exactly where I started and it is a good but sad read.

ragweed

Darn it you guys!  Now I have to get out my copy and read what you're talking about, since it's been more than a day since I read the book!! 

Salmonsmoker

Quote from: ragweed on December 30, 2013, 06:36:11 PM
Darn it you guys!  Now I have to get out my copy and read what you're talking about, since it's been more than a day since I read the book!!
I hear ya. Gotta go read it.