The Story of "The Little Puck That Could"

Started by Bear1968, September 19, 2012, 06:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear1968

I have been giving my 6 rack Digital a workout since I got it. Never had a problem.
Today I threw a Bone-in Turkey Breast in it that I had in a Mojo marinade for a few days coated in a rub. Things looked GREAT. The IT of the breast was about 50 when I started...... Temperature climbing nicely, So I took off for about an hour. When I returned I looked at my Maverick and it just seemed the IT was not coming up as it normally does. When I went out and checked the smoker the Temp was 168 .... Breast 110.  *Panic sets in*
I fired up another smoker and went back inside and stared at my Maverick Receiver. When my other smoker was up to Temp my Breast had only come up 1 or 2 degrees. My Bradley was down to 163.
I swapped the breast into the other smoker and turned my Bradley off.
When my Bradley was cooled to ambient Temp I fired it up again. 15 Minutes later it was still at previous Ambient Temp -1. I turned on the Generator and after 15 minutes it was up to Ambient +1.
My heating Element crapped the bed  :'(
That Little Puck with some help from the Generator was the only thing that was raising the Temp of Breast.
I just pulled the breast from the other smoker and have it in an FTW, I guess sometimes Options are a great thing.
I will be calling CS as I am still under warranty.
Just really did not like the feeling of having the breast in "The Danger Zone" any longer than I had to. 
UBC Local 268

Mark in Ottawa

Really sorry to hear that Bear. Glad to hear that you're still under the warranty.

I hope Bradley's does right by you.

Would be really interesting to see a pic sequence of your replacement of the element.

Mark (in Ottawa)
DBS 4-Rack w/ Auber dual-probe PID
Maverick ET-732

Keymaster

I was laughing at the title before I  read the post. Sorry to here of your misfortune but them Bradley folks will fix you up Lickity split. hope that Turkey turned out good :)

Bear1968

I contacted Bradley today. The call took less than five minutes and my new element will be shipped out tomorrow. If anyone reads this that has a Newly Purchased Bradley I HIGHLY recommend that you take a few minutes and register your product with Bradley. It makes life so much easier if there is ever any problems.

BTW The Turkey turned out GREAT! Can't go wrong with Turkey and a Mojo marinade  ;)

@Mark I will see what I can do about Pic's for replacement.  :)
UBC Local 268

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

TMO7

Thanks for the heads up on the registration reminder...I just fired it up today and seasoned it getting ready for my first smoke in years. Glad to hear Bradley was all over it. Nice move with the Maverick.