New owner

Started by joerom, July 21, 2009, 06:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joerom

Hello,Just a hello.I have ordered from Cabela's the Original Bradley Smoker at the fantastic $199.00 price.I have also ordered the parts to make a PID.Can't wait to get it and get started.Have been wanting to do this for a long time.

Joe.

HawkeyeSmokes

Welcome aboard Joe. You have come to the right place to learn how to use that new smoker. Ask questions and post results. The pro's (not me) will be more than willing to help you out. Look forward to hearing and seeing your great results.  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

Smokin Soon

Sounds like you have been doing some reading here if you are building your own pid. Welcome to the Forum, I am sure you will do well.

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum joerom!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

joerom

Thanks guys.Yes,I have done a lot of reading here,and that is also how I found out about the Cabela's deal.I am thinking about mounting the PID in the smoker to keep it all together,Joe.

kaz

WELCOME to the best of forums.
Be prepared to become addicted to the whole process.
There are some really talented people here .......... and me.
My OBS is mounted on a small platform with wheels. I then mounted a 1/2" pipe flange, 12" pipe then another flange and the PID sits there ...... close enough to connect the cords correctly and easy access to the power switch.
I also mounted the Maverick ET73 to the same post so the cables could be run through the vent opening.
It works great and I can wheel it in and out of the garage when it's time to smoke up the neighborhood.
Ask these guys & gals ANYTHING and you'll get great advice and help.
Welcome!!!
KAZ

Caneyscud

Welcome Joerom to both the forum and the fun and the nectarous delights of smoking your own hunks of meat.  Please ask any questions that you may have - and you might have some even after reading the forum and the recipe site.  You will not find any link to Smoker's Anonymous though - cure is not a word that we acknowledge unless is deals with bacon and as pointed out, sausage, corned beef, lox, and other delectables!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

OU812

Welcome to the fun

Looks like your ready for a great journey so whats going to be the maiden voyage?

Watch out this smoking stuff is addictave  :D

beefmann

welcome to the forum joe

smokeitall

Welcome Aboard Joe
And dido to waht OU812 said, this stuff is addictive.  ;)

joerom

Wow,it seems there are a lot of friendly people here.My first dive into this will be some ribs.I expect to make mistakes,but I can eat the evidence.After that will be brisket.I noticed that a lot finish in the oven,but I would like to do the whole thing in the smoker,and see how well I can do.I see there are many ways to do this.

I like cooking and baking,so,I figured this would be a logical step.I will experiment with the various recipes,and see what I get.I like places like Outback,Smokey Bones and Texas Roadhouse,but the food seems to vary from place to place,even in the same chains.My hope is to get good tasting ribs and brisket out of this,and do some freezing,so I can go to the freezer in the winter,and pull some out fo a quick meal,without going to the chains.

Joe.

OU812

As far as start to finish yes you can do it in the Bradley. Some do some dont but I do everything start to finish in mine.

You can smoke in the winter with this baby just keep it out of the wind. The winter is the best time to cold smoke cheese and stuff when you dont have the cold smoke addapter.

Ribs thats a great start. I would go with spares cut to St. Louis style, more time to cook but much more meat.

joerom

OU812,

being the beginner that I am,your previous paragraph is a great help to me,thanks.

Joe.

OU812

Just trying to help a brother out.

wtward

Hello all.. I too am a newbee to the site and the Bradley smoker.  It really is cool to see everyone come together for the same LOVE...(SMOKED EVERYTHING).  I just received my Bradley Smoker today.  I was like a dog chasing a car when the FEDEX guy left my house.  I actually came home for lunch and he was driving away.  I have had many kinds of smokers and had many successes and failures ( if a failure is still something you eat and think WOW this is still better than what most people call BBQ). I am sure I will have many questions and thoughts for others as I spend many weekends smoking and sharing what I smoke in this wonderful new found love in my life.... Thanks ahead of time for all your support....