Hi from North Cyprus

Started by BeLucky111, September 07, 2011, 12:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeLucky111

Hi Everyone, 
I'm Ian (BeLucky111) from the beautiful island that is North Cyprus (also know as the Turkish Republic of North Cyprus). We are right next to the sea (Mediterranean) looking north towards Turkey. The Island is known for it's amazing climate- 320 days a sunshine each year! (I won't go into the politics between Turkey and Greece - a long running endeavour to solve the 'Cyprus problem', which hopefully will be resolved this year)

I'm about to build of my own smokehouse using the Bradley Smoke House Design Plans (with a Bradley Smoke Generator).
We will build the smokehouse with stone blocks, a sloping roof, brick floor.  The Bradley Plans suggest lining the  inside of the building with plywood sheeting and insulation for hot smoking - is this a good idea?  - what about the Fire risk?
For hot smoke and understand that I'll need to fit a hotplate to create the heat I'll need for hot smoking.
What I don't know is what style of hotplate and what KW rating hotplate I'll need for a 3ft x 3ft x 6ft smokehouse. (I intend to hot smoke chicken, duck, pork etc)
If anyone can advise me I'd appreciate it.

Best wishes and regards to all,

BeLucky!!!

La Quinta

Hi Lucky Man...I think it's kool that you are here asking questions in the first place!!! Welcome to the forum...the handy crafty guys will be on to answer your questions...

Geez...I bet you get awesome seafood there...I'm very jealous!! My husband and I live in a bf desert...

Lots of very smart guys here to help you...And they will... :)

3rensho

Welcome Ian, my neighbors just got back from the Greek side and were well pleased.  Seafood must be to die for.

Tom
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

ghost9mm

Hello and welcome to the forum, really is a great forum, lots of knowledgeable people here that will go out of their way to help, all you have to do is ask...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

mikecorn.1

Welcome to the forum. :)

---
- Mike.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

beefmann

welcome to the forum and enjoy

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

BeLucky111

Hi Guys and Gals,
thanks for your warm welcome - much appreciated.
Once I get started I'll be back for sure, to let you know how I get on.
e seafood should be good, but over-fishing in parts has depleted stocks.  Mind you, my neighbour caught 10 big Tuna in one day - he struck lucky 10 miles out to sea -and a couple of 20kg King-fish.  Not sure if anyone has smoked Tuna but could be good!!

Will be in touch,
Thanks again,
Ian (BeLucky111)

Caribou

Welcome to the forum Ian :)
Carolyn