Pork butts from hell

Started by devo, October 31, 2011, 07:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devo

It was one of those days  >:(
Had these two pork shoulders to do. All done up with my favorite rub "Big Ron's hint of Houston".

In the smoker at 7:30 this morning, 4 hours of hickory smoke was the plan and bring the IT to 195 than FTC. Got the kid up feed breakfast and of we go to drive him to school. Come back to cab temp sitting at around 60*F  :o  Get my Ohm meter out and check elements, both good so thats not the problem. Open the back up and found the inline fuse shot. Phone Bradley order another. Let the smoke process finish and into the oven. Thought maybe I can find a fuse in town so on the phone I go. Yup found one at electronic whole sale place. Back to town I go. Come back and install the sucker and put the butts back in to finish in the smoker just because I like my smoker  ;D
Went out with the boy for halloween  and feed a whole bunch of kids candy  ;D
At 10:15PM out they come to be FTCed
After all that they look pretty good  :)

SiFumar

Chili Head

Oh yeah time to chow down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikecorn.1

Nice looking butts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

ghost9mm

Devo that last picture says a whole bunch, we are done and are gonna taste real good... :D
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

beefmann

muebe

Nice save Devo...great looking butts too ;D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

OU812

Sounds like ya had a good time ;D and the butts look great.

devo

Thanks guys, and yes I did have a good time going out with my son on Halloween.
I was pooped last night so I put the pork in a tin foil pan with some of the juices and in the oven at 150*F. This morning it almost fell apart, very easy to pull. Froze some and bagged some for work snacks.

OldHickory

Good save, and good looking butts.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.