Missing screws from smoke generator

Started by Brisket Lover, January 10, 2009, 08:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisket Lover

When I opened my smoker up before Christmas I noticed a screw in the bottom of the box.  Well today I figured out where it was from I think.  Never found a second screw though.  I tried to screw the screw back in but there it won't stay in. It doesn't even feel stripped, just feels like there is nothing there.  I can move what ever is in there as you can see by the picture.  So my question is, is this ok or should it be screwed down?

Thanks

westexasmoker

Bl, thats the bottom of your SG right....I just pulled mine apart to clean, but I'll have to go look to see what those hold...

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Mr Walleye

BL

I can't remember what they hold either but I do remember there are nuts on the inside. You should be able to use another nut & bolt to put it back together.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Bradley (Head Office)

Quote from: brisket_lover on January 10, 2009, 08:23:00 PM
When I opened my smoker up before Christmas I noticed a screw in the bottom of the box.  Well today I figured out where it was from I think.  Never found a second screw though.  I tried to screw the screw back in but there it won't stay in. It doesn't even feel stripped, just feels like there is nothing there.  I can move what ever is in there as you can see by the picture.  So my question is, is this ok or should it be screwed down?

Thanks

Those are the two holes that hold you timer unit in there should be a screw and nut in each hole

Brisket Lover

Thanks  I will take it apart and see if I can find a nut, if not next time Im at Lowes I'll pick it up.

Thanks for the quick replies.

WT  what do you clean in there and how often do you do this? 

westexasmoker

Bl, When the bottom door hinge broke on mine, while it was curing from the fix I figured I'd pull apart the SG and clean out the inside (other members have posted this) but all I can say is OMG you'd be amazed how much wood chips can gather in there...might as well have a beaver making a dam!

c
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Smokin Soon

Habanero Smoker

I also take my generator apart about twice a year to clean out built up saw dust, and clean the tracks.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Smoking Duck

I do it like Habs.  I take my smoke generator apart and blow the wood chips out of the box (do this outside if you have a significant other) .  Then I clean the track the bisquettes ride on what I refer to as the Pathway of Smoking Enlightenment.  Then put back together.  It's a very simple process and it is amazing at how much the little wood chips can collect in there.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Brisket Lover

Quote from: Smokin Soon on January 10, 2009, 11:27:29 PM
"If it aint broke, don't fix it!"

Well that is what I am trying to avoid.  I have to carry it out of the garage every time I use it so I want to make sure everything is secure.