Canadian Bacon

Started by BigJohnT, November 02, 2009, 06:59:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigJohnT

My second batch of Canadian Bacon. Following the recipe from here , shamelessly copied from here.

Ready for the Smoker

JT Pucks in Action

John

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

BigJohnT

Smoking at WORK!

Setting up the IT probe.

Enjoy
John

BigJohnT

My other brother John said that these Geese are the next thing on the smoker  ;D

JT

squirtthecat

Nice!   I wish we had a DBS and a Weber kettle here at the office.. (for those slooooooowwwww days)

BigJohnT

It's not a DBS it is a Bradley Stainless Steel JT Custom Smoker With Custom Controls so the acronym for that would be BSSJTCSWCC  ;D

Here is a better picture

The back

The inside

JT

squirtthecat

:o

'UBS'  = Über Bradley Smoker

Tenpoint5

Looks like everything is running great JT
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

BigJohnT

Yea, we are having fun now  ;D

I just need to rig up a steamer for my Kielbasa after the smoke is done... Still thinking on that one.

JT

Tenpoint5

Quote from: BigJohnT on November 02, 2009, 08:12:41 AM
Yea, we are having fun now  ;D

I just need to rig up a steamer for my Kielbasa after the smoke is done... Still thinking on that one.

JT

You do realize that if you don't fall asleep you can just throw them into ice water when they are done to cool them off!! ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Habanero Smoker

After seeing you next to the smoker, I can see why they call you Big John. :) You make the Bradley look like an Easy Bake Oven.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

BigJohnT

You should have seen me before I lost the weight to get down to a Medium John...

Oh, and you know how the camera makes you look like you are 20 pounds heavier than you really are...

JT

OU812

Nice set up you have going there JT. The CB is looking good also.