Recipe suggestions requested

Started by pipsqueek, January 01, 2007, 01:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Wildcat on January 05, 2007, 11:05:56 AM

When you lived in the US it must have been in the Northeast.  Most Northeastern folks look puzzled when you ask for grits and eggs and usually answer with a question like "what is a grit?"  Many of us in the southern states love beef and chicken liver and many restraunts in the south have it.  I have never tried lambs liver, but am willing to try it.  I'll try anything once.  I also like goose liver.   My favorite way to have mashed potatoes is with sweet peas mixed in.  I know it sounds weird but it is wonderful.

I'm from the NE and I was raised on liver and onions, as well as most of the people I knew. It was a matter of buying the cheapest cuts.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

iceman

Quote from: LilSmoker on January 05, 2007, 10:17:31 AM
Hi iceman, yeah i read about the liver thing with manx and you   :o ;D definately think i'll give smoked liver a miss!  ;D

Just out of interest, whenever you have liver, is it usually lambs?  :)
Mostly beef liver up here. Lamb is available sometimes though.

West Coast Kansan

Beef / calves liver is super duper. Some of the best gravey in the world. Was real cheap and real frequent meal growing up. Still one of my favorites but wife and kids would hardly even allow it in the house. Has bcome a special treat now when you find it on the menu (very rare occasions) at a high end eatery.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

MWS

My memories of liver & onions are of my father sitting alone at the dinner table savoring his comfort food while my mother, sister and I sat in the other room eating the Coronels (KFC).
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

MWS

Quote from: pipsqueek on January 04, 2007, 10:19:06 PM
Due to unbelievable rain here in sunny Vancouver I was unable to smoke it.

If Vancouver rain is to deter you Pips, then you have a small window of smoking opportunity ahead of you.  ;D

I'm in the fraser Valley and keep the Brad under cover on my front porch in winter. Not a weekend goes by that I don't use it.
Mike 

pipsqueek

Oh it doesn't usually deter me, but it might have been the addition of 70mph winds, driving snow and my trees falling down that edged me over to leave the smoking out for a while.
I usually keep the smoker in the back yard under a tree, nice and dry, but, decided to pack it away after a well deserved cleaning untill the weather improved.
Apart from that we live in the most beautifull part of the world.
I am in Fleetwood, Surrey, 88th and 163rd

MWS

Quote from: pipsqueek on January 06, 2007, 09:11:24 AM
Oh it doesn't usually deter me, but it might have been the addition of 70mph winds, driving snow and my trees falling down that edged me over to leave the smoking out for a while.

Yes, that was one nasty storm alright. We didn't get it as hard in the eastern valley, but felt it also.
Major storm #13 just passed through yesterday. first was snow, then rain, freezing rain, wind gusts and this morning.. ice.. It is a beautiful sunny morning though. :-X  Lots of freaky weather this Fall/Winter so far. It's usually so mild and uneventful. Climate change? hope not.

Quote from: pipsqueek on January 06, 2007, 09:11:24 AM
Apart from that we live in the most beautifull part of the world.

Couldn't agree more....

Mike 

Wildcat

I get liver in the local establishments fairly regular.  Pretty popular here.  No lamb though.  My wife and remaining boy hate it so we go out often enough that I do not miss it. ;D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/