Rckcrwlr Bought out the Cheese at my Butcher

Started by Rckcrwlr, April 08, 2011, 02:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rckcrwlr

Went down to pick up some ribs to hang and smoke.

Came home with:

Mozzarella
Provolone
Swiss
Hot Pepper Cheese

Lucky he was getting a shipment today.

Pics to follow...

OU812

Rckcrwlr

Just about that.  I took about 2 lbs off each piece to keep fresh.  The rest is going in the smoker with some Apple Wood for about 2 hours.

Here is what I have:

I cut it into varying sizes due to the hardness of the cheese.  My main concern will be the Mozzarella.  I have it on the top shelf in the front.  Added the probe to it to maintain it.  80 degrees is about as far as you want to push it.

bears fan

Rckcrwlr

So two hours later and maxing at about 100 degrees (Mozzarella actually held up)

Here is what I am stuck with   ;D

Anyone that smokes and does not invest in a couple Frog Mats is kidding themselves.  This cheese would have never held up without them.

They are cooling now and will be vac sealed and put in the back of the fridge for at least 3 weeks...probably more line 6-8 weeks.

watchdog56

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

ghost9mm

I did a bunch of cheese 2 weeks ago and was going to try it today, but decided to wait a few more weeks I think I read here on the forums the longer the better, and being an old retired master watchmaker patience I've got...
Oh!!! your cheese really looks great...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

OU812

Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Thats gonna be gooood.