Smoked Beef - Beef Stroganoff - with photos & NEWS FLASH.

Started by smokerator, October 25, 2013, 05:41:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokerator

Delicious Smoked Beef - Beef Stroganoff

Getting ready for the smoker....

One hour of hickory and another hour at 210 degrees.

Here it is.
Mike aka Smokerator

BS611

beefmann

Saber 4

Quote from: beefmann on October 25, 2013, 05:55:05 AM
looks fantastic, whats the  recipe?

X2, it's no fair teasing us with pictures only!

Gafala

Quote from: Saber 4 on October 25, 2013, 06:32:29 AM
Quote from: beefmann on October 25, 2013, 05:55:05 AM
looks fantastic, whats the  recipe?

X2, it's no fair teasing us with pictures only!

I agree with Saber no fair especially when its 8am.

Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

smokerator

INGREDIENTS

1medium/large onion
Fresh baby portabella and button mushrooms (8-10 ozs)
2 to 3 pounds ground beef
1 1/2 cups beef broth
1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1 clove garlic
Pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups sour cream
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons cream mushroom soup (sounds. Weird but makes it creamy)

3 cups egg noodles cooked to package directions

MAKING MEATBALLS

Just mix ground beef with salt and pepper to taste and take a quarter of onion and grate it into the meat mixture, allowing onion juice to be added in with mixture. Mix thoroughly and place meatballs on tray and start smoking

Place butter in skillet and add chopped onions then garlic and allow to soften, then add mushrooms and salt and pepper and cook til mushrooms are soft. Now add beef broth and Worcestershire sauce and the cream mushroom soup and simmer.
When meatballs are almost finished smoking then start boiling water to make egg noodles.  While waiting for water to boil for noodles you can now add sour cream to mushroom and onion sauce. Once meatballs are done add them into the sauce and allow time for flavors to meld together.
Finish the dish by adding fresh flat leaf parsley before serving.

NEWS FLASH........From Christie
Alright fellow smokers, this is how it's going down.
From my point of view (speaking as Mikes better half) I enjoy the smoking process and I love the hickory smell during the day but.....I am a little over him smoking everything we eat, darn it takes all day and I get hungry.  I am pretty sure he would even rather take the smoker out on date night and trust me we have not really had a date night out since the smoker has arrived.  Let's hope he takes a bit of a break or I can assure y'all the he will be smoking his socks before long.....!!!!

Mike aka Smokerator

BS611

Saber 4

[NEWS FLASH........From Christie
Alright fellow smokers, this is how it's going down.
From my point of view (speaking as Mikes better half) I enjoy the smoking process and I love the hickory smell during the day but.....I am a little over him smoking everything we eat, darn it takes all day and I get hungry.  I am pretty sure he would even rather take the smoker out on date night and trust me we have not really had a date night out since the smoker has arrived.  Let's hope he takes a bit of a break or I can assure y'all the he will be smoking his socks before long.....!!!!

Sounds like Mike needs to smoke enough to have leftovers to eat during the next smoking so Christie isn't left hungry all day.

Christie, I hope his addiction doesn't get so bad that you have to resort to hickory smoke perfume to get his attention away from the smoker ;)

smokerator

OMG I must say that it's already that bad and your comment still has us both rolling the floor.  Urgent Reply needed if you know where I can pick up some of that perfume... It may be the only thing that can save us now.

I think I might suggest to Bradley that they formulate a hickory woman's scent to accommodate the ladies out there that are feeling a little left out.
Mike aka Smokerator

BS611

Saber 4

Quote from: smokerator on October 25, 2013, 08:37:11 AM
OMG I must say that it's already that bad and your comment still has us both rolling the floor.  Urgent Reply needed if you know where I can pick up some of that perfume... It may be the only thing that can save us now.

I think I might suggest to Bradley that they formulate a hickory woman's scent to accommodate the ladies out there that are feeling a little left out.

I think someone needs to formulate that perfume, for now I would say go stand down wind of the smoker for a little while and see how that works for you. :D
Always glad to be of service to a fellow smoker addict

tskeeter

2 drops liquid smoke
3 Tbsp premium vodka

Blend well

Apply to neck, ear lobes, or other areas you want nibbled.