Iron Chef Ingredients and Smack Talk Thread

Started by Tenpoint5, April 18, 2009, 06:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

La Quinta

I'm not even starting until tomorrow.... ;D (That way if my idea comes out like crap...I have time to recover)  :D I have vetted this recipe with many friends... I pray I'm good!!! Otherwise I'm hosed....but what the hell...this is really fun...the whole thing is great!!! I was thinking about starting one of these with tripe....think it would go over well? Oh...maybe not so much huh?  :D  :D  :D

Caneyscud

Quote from: La Quinta on April 27, 2009, 07:34:33 PM
I was thinking about starting one of these with tripe....think it would go over well? Oh...maybe not so much huh?  :D  :D  :D

Yeh, I think 10.5 wimped out by not putting barbacoa, calf or lamb fries, tripa, kidneys, tongue, sweetbreads, and those southern standbys - chitlin's on the list.  Now that would make for some interesting competition - kinda like the "original" Iron Chef with their use of fish eyeballs and fish guts and no telling what else!

GAME ON!
Team Caney is in game day shape!
Won't say what the shape is, but 6-packs abs aren't in the picture!

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Pontificator Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Tenpoint5

I would have been more than willing to add Rocky Mountain Oysters and all those other ingredients but Had to make it available to everyone.
Game day shape Caney where 6 pack abs aint in the picture? Must be working on the 1 pack KEG ab then!! Working on one of them myself. Let's see I think the saying is "I'm in SHAPE, Round is a Shape!!"
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caneyscud

I prefer the more PC term 'thick' as in "I'm in shape - thick is a shape!"  It would be a multi-use adjective - thick shaped and thick headed!

DD&D had the calf fry episode on last night - late, late, late.  I was watching it while trying not to cough my lungs out.  Kinda glad chitlin's weren't included.  I'm imaginative and creative, but not too sure what I could do with chitlin's, avocado, chocolate!

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Pontificator Extraordinaire'

La Quinta

Stuff them with avacado, fry em...and do a mole sauce Caney!!!  ;D

Caneyscud

Yum   :o

La Quinta

Hey...I'm from the south...well...kinda...but I know southern fare from Florida...

Tenpoint5

Hope you ladies have you rapron stings all tied up and ready. Turn in is Saturday morning. None of the Puppy ate it excuses either. Saffron aint big enough to reach to counter yet. Maybe next week she will but not this week. And there's no Cali Wild fires being reported so LQ musta wimped out trying to compete cause she hasn't figured out how to post pics yet.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

La Quinta

Did you say turn in pics were Saturday? Oh...is it Thursday? Never mind....and as I remember the rules... that goes thru Sunday as well? Don't you worry about me...I did a dry run last night...I'm not at all afraid....I have friends that are gonna help me with the pictures...

10.5....go in the corner of your closet and suck your thumb...you're a gone burger.... ;D

deb415611

10.5  I figured you were quiet the last few days because you were lost in your pantry looking for a new idea,  because you realized that your entry doesn't have a chance.   Like LQ says ...... your a gone burger............ ;D

My apron strings are untied & I'm having fun playing with the puppy, entry is all ready to post, pictures are already uploaded to photobucket! :D :D   

And for the record the puppy would have eaten it, it's that good!   ;D ;D ;D

KyNola

You just had to go and poke that bear with a stick again didn't you? :D

My entry will most likely be prepared tomorrow although it is supposed to rain all day Saturday and Sunday here.

I'm really sorry Smoking Duck is apparently unable to get in on this.  He would love the competition but he would really love slapping LQ around a little bit.  ;D He probably wouldn't slap Deb around since she is the mother of one of his pups.

KyNola

Tenpoint5

Quote from: KyNola on May 01, 2009, 07:09:32 AM

My entry will most likely be prepared tomorrow although it is supposed to rain all day Saturday and Sunday here.

I'm really sorry Smoking Duck is apparently unable to get in on this.  He would love the competition but he would really love slapping LQ around a little bit.  ;D He probably wouldn't slap Deb around since she is the mother of one of his pups.

KyNola
That and Deb knows exactly where he lives. So she could hunt him down. You and I are fairly safe. Besides it isn't really like poking a bear more like that old coon dog laying on the porch, just raises his head and looks around then goes back to sleep. Heck LQ is still doing dry runs hasn't even started cooking yet. She will get behind and get all flustered trying to rush things goof it up, forget the battery in the camera. Gonna take her 3 days to figure out how to upload and post the pictures. Contest will be over by then NO WORRIES about her. The Puppy Lady even admitted hers wasn't as good as DOG food but Saffron would have ate it. We have NO WORRIES Larry!!!!

deb415611

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on May 01, 2009, 08:50:30 AM

KyNola
That and Deb knows exactly where he lives. So she could hunt him down. You and I are fairly safe. Besides it isn't really like poking a bear more like that old coon dog laying on the porch, just raises his head and looks around then goes back to sleep. Heck LQ is still doing dry runs hasn't even started cooking yet. She will get behind and get all flustered trying to rush things goof it up, forget the battery in the camera. Gonna take her 3 days to figure out how to upload and post the pictures. Contest will be over by then NO WORRIES about her. The Puppy Lady even admitted hers wasn't as good as DOG food but Saffron would have ate it. We have NO WORRIES Larry!!!!

I'm sorry that Marc isn't around too.  He's like a big brother to LQ & I, we would have to see who he'd slap around  :D  Plus, he'd have an awesome entry and LQ & I would actually have some competition. 

Tenpoint5

Quote from: deb415611 on May 01, 2009, 05:59:20 PM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on May 01, 2009, 08:50:30 AM

KyNola

I'm sorry that Marc isn't around too.  He's like a big brother to LQ & I, we would have to see who he'd slap around  :D  Plus, he'd have an awesome entry and LQ & I would actually have some competition. 
Competition for WHAT SECOND PLACE????? Second Place aint that bad but You do know second is the first LOOOOOSER!!!!!

KyNola

ARE YOU READY TO PLAY THE GAME?!  (insert audio clip of Motorhead doing The Game here. Have no idea who Motorhead is but I happen to like that song.  Had to ask someone many years younger than me who did that song.  They looked at me like I was from the planet Bongzo.)

So what does everyone say, LQ, Deb, Up In Smoke, 10.5, and the several folks who are laying in the weeds ready to take us all out.................

ARE YOU READY TO PLAY THE GAME?!
          8) Team KyNola  8)