Slim Jims

Started by NePaSmoKer, March 02, 2009, 06:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

I said i was not going to do anymore snack sticks for awhile.  But they got me again. This time i did a video. Check it out. Its not professionally done like Giz does. I'm just an armature  :D  I think kiki the jerky pup is sounding off too.

http://bluesmokeandbbq.blogspot.com/

nepas

Smokin Soon

Thats a great vid and very informative There is nothing like a hands on vid to show us in more detail how to do stuff! My request would be a ground beef jerky vid! Keep up the blog Nepa it's looking good.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Smokin Soon on March 02, 2009, 08:09:05 PM
Thats a great vid and very informative There is nothing like a hands on vid to show us in more detail how to do stuff! My request would be a ground beef jerky vid! Keep up the blog Nepa it's looking good.

S S

I'll do a GB jerky vid when the weather gets better so I can have my smoker back on the deck.

nepas

La Quinta

WAY kool Nepas...  ;D

Smokin Soon

Thanks Nepa, You have been a "Guru" to many of us new folks, and it is appreciated.

sgaberdeen

Nice vid NePa. Gonna have to more snack stix this week. One question ,what does the encapsulated citric acid do?

Thanks,
                                                                                                                      Gary

Scotty-G

Thank you Nepa,
Happy to say, I've learned a few new tricks for when I make my snack sticks next time.
Scotty-G

Gizmo

Looks good NePa,
I still haven't pieced together the one we shot in the desert of you smoking up scorpion tails.   ;D

Will have to get working on it.  Too many distractions with 3D photography and now a new under footer.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: sgaberdeen on March 02, 2009, 09:03:07 PM
Nice vid NePa. Gonna have to more snack stix this week. One question ,what does the encapsulated citric acid do?

Thanks,
                                                                                                                      Gary

The encapsulated CA gives the sticks tht tangy bite to em like the store bought slim jims. Its just opt, you dont have to add it.

nepas

West Coast Kansan

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

carnie1

Cool, I like the foil trick, never thought of that  8)

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Gizmo on March 02, 2009, 09:33:18 PM
Looks good NePa,
I still haven't pieced together the one we shot in the desert of you smoking up scorpion tails.   ;D

Will have to get working on it.  Too many distractions with 3D photography and now a new under footer.

No problema Giz

He is a cute pup too.  You going to be ready to walk me through the smoker cam set up in a few weeks.

nepas

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: carnie1 on March 02, 2009, 09:38:45 PM
Cool, I like the foil trick, never thought of that  8)

When i lived in Amish country my Amish friend showed me that but he used wax paper  ;D

nepas

Gizmo

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on March 02, 2009, 09:39:32 PM
You going to be ready to walk me through the smoker cam set up in a few weeks.
nepas

Sure am.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

easyridinole

Awesome video Nepas!! Thats how I like to learn, by watching!  :)
I also like the aluminum foil trick.

Ole
Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-