Question ref TS for Stickbowcrafter

Started by JDNC, November 20, 2008, 02:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDNC

After reading a thread on your TS installation I was wondering how you routed your temp-probe cable.  Did you route it inside the back panel or on the outside?  Also, did you need some special hardware to fasten the probe to the inside or did you just stick it through the back?

I have all the parts for the installation but will probably install in a box for the time being, until my warranty runs out and then hard-wire as you did. Great looking install.

JD

Habanero Smoker

Stickbowcrafter hasn't logged on for two months. You may want to send him an email.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

JDNC

drano

JDNC,

If you're refering to the Love TS digital thermometer, I have one, and route the temp cable thru the top vent (along with the Maveric smoker and meat probe cables).  I hang the TS probe just below the meat rack.  With the temp cable at the right level in the smoker, I tied a bread bag twist tie onto the cable so I know it is staying at the correct height. 

But now I'm looking at getting an Auber PID, so I can hold the temp closer to the desired set temp for making summer sausage.

Hope this helps
Drano

JDNC

Drano,

Yes, I was referring to the Love TS.  Well I just said the crap with the OBS warranty and went and installed the TS and routed the probe under and up the back and through the back.  About the best diff is 8* inside without meat.  I have the TS wired like Sticbowcrafter and when I have the slide adjustment all the way to the right I may have temp drifts toward 20-25*, but with adjusting the slide, I get about 8*.  I know that will change (maybe better) when I get the OBS outside in the cold with meat!

I originally was interested in the OBS due to smoking sausage and needed someway to control smoking at a lower temp.  I may also need to look into a PID.  Do you have any suggestions as to how to control low temps for sausage smoking?

JD