Metal taste in leftovers???

Started by TMB, February 03, 2010, 08:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

Taste buds do change as we age. If it is not the salt, it could be the plastic container(s). There are certain plastic containers I have to avoid, such as the plastic containers they package milk in. It has a bitter aftertaste, that is similar to a metallic taste. So it the salt is not the problem try switching to BPA free plastics. They are getting easier to find, since the BPA-Free is being used as a marketing tool.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

TMB

OK HS, I'll look for some just in case.   Pizza never does taste bad the next day, but you can't live on pizza all the time.  I'll try the kosher salt this weekend and give y'all and update. 

List for store......     Kosher salt
                            1 nice butt!  ;D
                            container (BPA free) 

Y'all think that's all?   
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

classicrockgriller

Quote from: TMB on February 03, 2010, 02:08:32 PM
OK HS, I'll look for some just in case.   Pizza never does taste bad the next day, but you can't live on pizza all the time.  I'll try the kosher salt this weekend and give y'all and update. 

1 nice butt!  ;D
                            container (BPA free) 

Y'all think that's all?   

I could use a big Brisket! ;D

Tommy are you near Decatur?

OU812

When your done eating put half the leftovers in the containers you always use and the other half in the BPA free container.

Just to make sure.

TMB

Quote from: classicrockgriller on February 03, 2010, 02:11:58 PM

1 nice butt!  ;D
                            container (BPA free) 

Y'all think that's all?   

Yes, 30 min drive. I live north of Huntsville. You thinking of Big Bob's place?  ;D 

TMB

Quote from: OU812 on February 03, 2010, 02:16:52 PM
When your done eating put half the leftovers in the containers you always use and the other half in the BPA free container.

Just to make sure.
Will do, you guys sure came up with a fix fast!

I thank y'all!

classicrockgriller

Quote from: TMB on February 03, 2010, 06:58:02 PM
Quote from: classicrockgriller on February 03, 2010, 02:11:58 PM
OK HS, I'll look for some just in case.   Pizza never does taste bad the next day, but you can't live on pizza all the time.  I'll try the kosher salt this weekend and give y'all and update.  

List for store......     Kosher salt
                           1 nice butt!  ;D
                           container (BPA free)  

Y'all think that's all?    

Yes, 30 min drive. I live north of Huntsville. You thinking of Big Bob's place?  ;D  

I have visited Decatur several times and all were on purpose.

My lil'sis use to live there. Her Husband was an engineer at Monsanto.

That is a pretty area up there.

car54

It sounds like it might be the salt but do other people have the same reaction with your left overs?

Brad

TMB

Quote from: car54 on February 04, 2010, 02:13:43 PM
It sounds like it might be the salt but do other people have the same reaction with your left overs?

Brad
Don't really know?  I'm the only one that will take them for lunch the rest pack a PB&J or salad not left over BBQ or roast. I will try something this weekend to ck and hopefully find the answer

TMB

Well after using sea salt for a few weeks my metal taste in left overs is gone!!  Thanks guys for the answers to my problem.  I would have never even thought of iodine in my salt causing such a problem.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: TMB on March 15, 2010, 12:45:46 PM
Well after using sea salt for a few weeks my metal taste in left overs is gone!!  Thanks guys for the answers to my problem.  I would have never even thought of iodine in my salt causing such a problem.

That's what makes this Forum R O C K!

Glad to hear the problem is solved and you can enjoy your lunch.

OU812

S W E E T

Glad to here you got your metal taste mystery salved.

TMB

Yes sir, life is sweet when you get to eat london broil for lunch with all the fixen's!

Life is good once again!  ;D

ArnieM

I'm glad this turned out to be a simple fix.  That crap isn't good for you.

My wife keeps a jug of iodized salt in the garage.  When the slugs come out, she sprinkles a bit on each of them.  They just kind of dissolve.  I'm trying to keep on her good side.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: ArnieM on March 16, 2010, 12:31:34 AM
I'm glad this turned out to be a simple fix.  That crap isn't good for you.

My wife keeps a jug of iodized salt in the garage.  When the slugs come out, she sprinkles a bit on each of them.  They just kind of dissolve.  I'm trying to keep on her good side.

So iodized salt will keep slugs out of your tummy? I was wondering what would work on them things. ;D