UPS delivered it today!

Started by goose42195, June 25, 2009, 01:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goose42195

I got my "original" bradley 4 rack smoker today via ups. I just finished seasoning it and I have three racks of babyback ribs, and a brisket, ready for a party on Saturday.

Anyone have instructions for smoking these?

KyNola

Congrats Goose!

The best advice I can give you is to visit the recipe website www.susanminor.org 

There you will a tutorial  posted by West Texas Smoker on how to properly smoke a briskit.  Then look for the tutorial by Ten Point 5 on how to do ribs.  Both are excellent and those guys know their stuff!

Have fun and let us know the results!
KyNola

goose42195

mikecorn.1

Hey Goose, remember to post pics of the finished product, if you can.
Mike

OU812

Goose, welcome to the fun.

Watch out this smoking thing is addictive.

Don't no if you have a thermometer yet but you might want to get a digital one and place it under what you are cooking. The one in the door don't give the Bradley justus.

The Maverick ET-73 has a porbe for the meat and one for the cabnet plus it has a remote.

mikecorn.1

Taking advise from more senior members, I purchased some bubba pucks from yard and pool. Good investment. I would suggest you get some so that you dont waste pucks when you are smoking. The one that is in the chute right b4 the last one used for the smoke will partially burn.

http://www.yardandpool.com/
Mike

OU812

If you get the Bubba pucks you might want to get 3 of them. One on the burner and 2 on the run way. You can get the Maverick at Yard and Pool also.