In need of some guidance

Started by dick621, February 09, 2006, 11:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dick621

I am trying to fire up my smoker with my PID controller and have ran into a problem I have'nt benn able to solve.  The PID is a TET7100 from cold fusion.  I set the  parameters by the book, then enter code 0001 and set SV at 200, AH1 at 0, AL1 at 0 and press set to end. readout goes to EEEE. How do I get it to start controlling the heat?  I have a new type t TC that I had made. PID is set for type t.  What am I missing?
The first time I hooked it up with the type K that come with it, it worked. Thought I did everything the same this time, except fot the
Thermocouple.  HHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.
Thanks, Dick in Emmett, Idaho
Dick in Emmett, Idaho

bugboat

Did you enter code 0089 then go to Inty and then set the unit for type "T" thermocouple. Also there is a Positive and negative wire to the thermocouple. Red is not always positive. Try switching the wires around and see if you get a reading.

EEEE means you are not getting a reading from the thermocouple. If it worked with the type "K" thermocouple I am sure the unit works.
Just make sure the unit is set to get a reading for a type "T" thermocouple.  

common sense isnt common

dick621

thanks Bugboat,  I did enter code 0089 and i set for type T tc.  Anyone have any other ideas?         Dick in Emmett, Idaho
Dick in Emmett, Idaho

bubbagump

Hi Dick,

Did you try ohming the TC out with meter to see if it may be open. I know it's new but almost have to think there may be a problem with it.

Does Cold Fusion have tech support? If they do I would give them a call. If they don't that's not a good sign.

You could also check with the company that made your TC to see what they have to say, but an ohmmeter would be a good starting point.

Sorry I couldn't be of more but I'm not familar with the programming of that PID.

Best wishes [:)]

Bubbagump

Gordon

ok, I think I speak for the rest of us who are looking at this and thinking....

Did you check the dilythium crystals?  Captain Kirk always seemed to have a problem with those....

It might be the timing belt.  Not really sure if it is, but that is what my mechanic always says.

Those two things being said - do yall have a link to some of this stuff, or pictures of what you are doing?

Gordo
Unskyled layber

dick621

When things go wrong, and they will, CHECK YOUR HOOKUP. I had the wires for my dilythium crystals crossed with the wires from the timing belt. Switched around and seems to be working OK.
   Seriously, I had hooked the TC to the SSR output and SSR output to TC terminals.  The way PID is mounted was hard to check. Had to dismantle to see it.  Should'nt try hooking up wires when tired. Thanks for the help.         Dick in Emmett, Idaho
Dick in Emmett, Idaho

rgardjr

Dick let us know how the TET-7100 works.  I'm going to autotune mine again tonight with PID algorithm 1 instead of the default 0 that I haven't gotten good results with.
Rick

Phone Guy

What kind of muffler bearing and blinker fluid does that TET-7100 use?[;)]

bubbagump

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Phone Guy</i>
<br />What kind of muffler bearing and blinker fluid does that TET-7100 use?[;)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
[:D]

Bubbagump

headgames

<font size="4"></font id="size4">when in doubt first thing I check is the PISTON RETURN SPRINGS [:D]

If ya go home hungry.........You were at the WRONG HOUSE !
If ya go home hungry ........ You were at the wrong House!!