Bradley Smoker Storage

Started by AzJazz, April 19, 2011, 07:43:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AzJazz

Is it OK to store the digital Bradley Smoker outdoors, as long as it is up on 8" blocks and under the protective cover? The unit is in Missouri.

I'm concerned about 2 things: Moisture/condensation buildup causing rust or electronics damage, and sunlight (heat) buildup causing electronics damage.

KyNola

Mine has been outside for 4 years on a covered porch with a cover on it.  Has had no problems.  During the winter months you might have to bring in the smoke generator to warm up some before you use it as mine has a tendency to not function properly until it had warmed up a bit.

squirtthecat

Mine lives in a Suncast cabinet out in the back yard. (Central IL)    No problems at all.

ghost9mm

Mine sets outside on the open porch with a roof and a cover and I think I am going to start building a ark because of all of the rain we've had and the rain they are predicting... :D
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

beefmann

here is mine all self contained  with drinks even  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=17581.0

AzJazz

From the responses, it looks like almost everyone uses a mini-shed, or keeps it on a patio.

Does anyone keep it outdoors with just the vinyl cover for protection?

seemore

I did but mine is obs for over 4 years
seemore

locomotivejoe

I've just have mine on the rear deck covered with a Bradley cover when I'm not using it. I've only had it 2 months so to early to know if it'll be ok long term.
Joe

AzJazz

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

ExpatCanadian

Quote from: AzJazz on April 19, 2011, 05:41:26 PM
From the responses, it looks like almost everyone uses a mini-shed, or keeps it on a patio.
Does anyone keep it outdoors with just the vinyl cover for protection?

Mine lives outside all year round with just the vinyl cover....  no issues yet, it's just over 2 years old.  But I do live in the UK, so the weather is somewhat milder in all respects than many of the places you all live....

Bavind

Mine stays out side all year round covered by a large industrial trash bag. I do keep the smoke generator in the house when not in use.