Venison Sausage

Started by NePaSmoKer, January 28, 2009, 08:19:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Have 8 mors pounds of venison ground cut with some pork butt and 1 lb of gm. Going to let it rest in the frige for a few hours then stuff into 32mm hog casing. Smoking with hickory after the stix get out  ;D

nepas

easyridinole

Looks good Nepa's!
The local grocery store here had pork butt on sale for $1.00 per pound so I bought 35lbs to mix with my venison to make some brats and sausage.
Can't wait to see what your end product looks like!!  :)

Ole
Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

HCT

Hey Easy, that was a great deal. The lowest we get it is $1.19 by the case.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

NePaSmoKer

Have the venison stuffed and twisted. Going to rest again in the frige for 24 hours. Smoke tomorrow.

Hanging on my improvised system  ;D

nepas

Tenpoint5

Nice job on the sausage and linking. SHOW OFF !!!!!  ;D :D Just had to show how easy it is to link like that didn't ya.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on January 28, 2009, 03:04:10 PM
Nice job on the sausage and linking. SHOW OFF !!!!!  ;D :D Just had to show how easy it is to link like that didn't ya.

:D  :D

its really easy

nepas

NePaSmoKer

My Bradley is full right now so these are going in the Traeger  ;D

nepas

easyridinole

Nepa's

I made some brats last weekend using a fresh brat kit and when I got done stuffing all of them I vaccum sealed them and put them in the freezer. Is this the right thing to do? I noticed you have yours hanging out.

Ole
Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: easyridinole on January 29, 2009, 06:32:24 AM
Nepa's

I made some brats last weekend using a fresh brat kit and when I got done stuffing all of them I vaccum sealed them and put them in the freezer. Is this the right thing to do? I noticed you have yours hanging out.

Ole

Yes you did the right thing. I have mine hanging at room temp before i smoke them. After smoking i let them sit to get to room temp again then i vac seal them.

nepas

NePaSmoKer

Here are the larger venison sausages. Stuffed into 32mm hog casings. Smoked with mesquite in the Traeger smoke setting. Took about 3.75 hours for the IT to get @160*

Cooling to room temp now then going to get vac sealed  ;D

nepas

easyridinole

Thanks for the info!
They look great Nepa's!!  ;D

Ole

NePaSmoKer

All vac sealed and ready for a new home  ;D

nepas

drano

nepas
Wow, those sure look great!
Any chance you could share the recipe?
Me thinks this Sausage Making is pretty popular.
drano

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: drano on January 29, 2009, 08:12:15 PM
nepas
Wow, those sure look great!
Any chance you could share the recipe?
Me thinks this Sausage Making is pretty popular.
drano

Well I will share this.

When your sausage recipe call for water -------------------------------> Distilled water  ;D

Number 1 secret recipe ingredient

nepas

Smokin Soon

Nepa, how about a linking tutorial on your blog? I am quite sure we have many members here that have improved their sausage skills over time, but can't do that one. [ME!] You could give us and others a step by step.